E-brake problem after changing brakes

Hmac111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Mitsubishi Mirage
Country flag
Hey, I watched every video on YouTube prior to changing my brakes but only discovered after I was done and started driving and got the brake system problem notification that I had to turn the spindle in the actuator. Not sure how all of these people managed to not get this message when they didnt touch the actuator
.....So took off the tires and did this for both rear tires. Turned the car back on but notification is still there.... Do I need to bring this into the dealership to clear the notification or is there something I can do at home? Thanks to anyone that can help.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hmac111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Mitsubishi Mirage
Country flag
A little more info: while turning the spindle on passenger side clockwise it stopped, but on driver side after many many turns the spindle didnt stop, so I stopped myself before I did any damage.
Also, When I drive the car says remove parking brake, if this helps at all.

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Bring it to the dealer, unless you can find a service manual that contains proper instruction on doing it.

This is one of the negative things that manufacturers today. Electronic parking brake, electronic suspension damping, then this then that, making things complicated that most probably quite pricey to replace.
Sponsored