remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Great post! I'd really like it if someone with some engineering knowledge could tell us why Honda has this car pull power so dramatically after 100F IAT? I understand the basic concept, but this car seems super aggressive about it.

OP
OP
Jaydubs

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
Great post! I'd really like it if someone with some engineering knowledge could tell us why Honda has this car pull power so dramatically after 100F IAT? I understand the basic concept, but this car seems super aggressive about it.
Thanks! Do we have exact numbers on IAT pulling? I was going to email KTuner about it to see if there were tables for that (if there are, we can't modify them yet), but I already bug them enough. Maybe later.

I live in Florida, so it's pretty rare I ever have IAT1s lower than 100F. My IAT2 usually sits only 5-10 degrees above ambient though until I start pushing it. I do notice that my car performs way better later at night/in the morning than it does in the daytime though. Gonna have to get some cool/hot datalogs at some point..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaydubs

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
I've read that Hondata has the 1/2 swapped for IAT and ECT. Anyone know if that's true? @Hondata ?

Last edited:

Vesutiiji

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
I believe my car is stuck in chassis safety mode. I went driving for about an hour and a half... nothing. Any suggestions? This is the only thread so far that discusses the chassis safety mode in such detail....... I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance.

Kynetguy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th SI
Country flag
Just an FYI, this is NOT just an FK8 issue. This happens on the SI, and I have to assume all other Civics, but I 100% the SI.

The steps above to disable VSA will work on the SI as well.

If you do get in Chasis Safety Mode, don’t panic. Just drive your car. It will reset itself in about 15-20 miles. You throw every system for a loop when the front wheels turn and the back do not. Especially full dyno pull speeds.

Any system that relies on tire rotation and speed sensor date freaks out. There’s no magic billet I have found to make it go away, just driving.

be aware though, your emergency brake will NOT work in Chasis Safety Mode. The 1.5 drivers parking on a hill need this. ;-)

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Thanks.

After reading all that I don't think I ever want to dyno my car.

GeezR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type R, Caterham, VW Touareg, Chevy Volt
Country flag
Best post ever? Should be a sticky. So much info that is relevant as to how the car "thinks," even if the owner is not planning on doing a dyno day (as I was, before I read this:)).

Deleted member 31314

This is the best thing I have learned all week! Awesome Thanks!!!:goodpost:

Kynetguy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th SI
Country flag
It definitely needs to be stickies. The title should be changed too because the SI is also affected by CSM as well.

Fk8_Santi

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #11903
Country flag
Does not doing this effect the dyno numbers? Went on the dyno last week not knowing this and car went into the safety mode. Going back again this weekend