Dyno Tuned with Flashpro for a safe tune.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice. I got my flash pro, jailbreak, and wheels over there at Kinetic. Sean, the guy usually behind the counter there has a CW type R and was always very helpful.
Yeah he's awesome and has a clean CTR

Honda Civic 10th gen Dyno Tuned with Flashpro for a safe tune. IMG_20191219_121235
Sponsored

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the FK8 will spool much earlier than what we are seeing here so you have to wonder what the tuner did below 3500 RPM, if anything. Maybe the pull that we are looking at on the dyno sheet was just a fluke and the tuner did not do all runs like that.
I was there for like 2 hours...I'm sure he did. Another CTR got 410tq and 400hp with flex kit

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
most of the tunes i've had done both on the dyno and an etune usually does a 2k start so i was just curious why the run was started so late. I'm no pro though so :dunno:
Lmao you guys crack me up. I'm sure all's good. No need to worry.

Here's a Dyno when I was stock and it started earlier.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dyno Tuned with Flashpro for a safe tune. Screenshot_20191219-175141

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Since you have a full TBE and tune, an intercooler will help this tiny turbo a lot, especially in the summer. It was my first mod, and it will definitely allow you to run more advance up top where it’s a little flat.

Keeping the midrange torque in check was smart. But don’t be afraid to add top end power. It’s all timing, since boost will peter out up there anyway.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since you have a full TBE and tune, an intercooler will help this tiny turbo a lot, especially in the summer. It was my first mod, and it will definitely allow you to run more advance up top where it’s a little flat.

Keeping the midrange torque in check was smart. But don’t be afraid to add top end power. It’s all timing, since boost will peter out up there anyway.
Missing never ends

I wouldn't mind an intercooler. Waiting to see if 27won makes theirs

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah he's awesome and has a clean CTR

IMG_20191219_121235.jpg
Sweet he finally got some wheels. He wanted the ones I ended up getting, I got the last set in the country at the time. I could have sworn he had more tint on his. Must be the picture

347 seems kind of conservative. As the poster above said, an intercooler is a must. I wonder what the IATs looked like. With mine I can take the 93 octane dp/ic ignition timing values and add 2.25 degrees from 190-210% air charge and 1.50 at 230%. Haven't tried to run more, but with what I'm at now I haven't seen any knock retard. I'm curious to what I can get once I get my titanium inlet, and hvi. My mishimoto intake I have on it currently is holding me back. It'll be 25 ambient temperature and the iat2 will be 20+ over that. Intake is shit.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet he finally got some wheels. He wanted the ones I ended up getting, I got the last set in the country at the time. I could have sworn he had more tint on his. Must be the picture

347 seems kind of conservative. As the poster above said, an intercooler is a must. I wonder what the IATs looked like. With mine I can take the 93 octane dp/ic ignition timing values and add 2.25 degrees from 190-210% air charge and 1.50 at 230%. Haven't tried to run more, but with what I'm at now I haven't seen any knock retard. I'm curious to what I can get once I get my titanium inlet, and hvi. My mishimoto intake I have on it currently is holding me back. It'll be 25 ambient temperature and the iat2 will be 20+ over that. Intake is shit.
yeah, the sun was in my face in this pic, lol, you can kind of see it in the top left glaring...so that's why the tint looks lighter.

So yeah, 347 is definitely light on the side of numbers...but that's where I wanted it...not trying to drag race this car :D

CnoEVO

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2021 Cadillac Escalade
Country flag
yeah, the sun was in my face in this pic, lol, you can kind of see it in the top left glaring...so that's why the tint looks lighter.

So yeah, 347 is definitely light on the side of numbers...but that's where I wanted it...not trying to drag race this car :D
Thank you for posting these numbers. I'm hoping for similar gains. I have the same mods plus PRL intercooler and PRL HVI. I'll be getting an etune but only on AZ 91 octane. Anyone think I would be close to these numbers?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
numbers vary from dyno to dyno so idk but you should be able to. Especially since you have an intercooler. The factory intercooler is hot garbage.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for posting these numbers. I'm hoping for similar gains. I have the same mods plus PRL intercooler and PRL HVI. I'll be getting an etune but only on AZ 91 octane. Anyone think I would be close to these numbers?
yeah, I dont see why not, I'm sure you will. are you going to dyno it before/after the etune? assuming you don't have a tuner nearby, but maybe a dyno at least?

CnoEVO

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2021 Cadillac Escalade
Country flag
yeah, I dont see why not, I'm sure you will. are you going to dyno it before/after the etune? assuming you don't have a tuner nearby, but maybe a dyno at least?
No. I wasn't thinking that but that's a good idea! I was just going to do an after. From what I can tell the Dyno in AZ I was considering had a stock type r around 290 whp and 310 tq.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The one thing I don't like my calibration....is that I can't see it. They won't provide me with the calibration. So if I want to change my traction control or see if it's even engaged...I can't.

@Hondata if you see this...
1. Will we have an option to download the calibration from the ECU. I know there has to be a way.
2. Or...can you tell me other recommended tuners in Baltimore/DC?

I hate not being able to change small things on my calibration

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The one thing I don't like my calibration....is that I can't see it. They won't provide me with the calibration. So if I want to change my traction control or see if it's even engaged...I can't.

1. Will we have an option to download the calibration from the ECU. I know there has to be a way.

This is going to be the case with most any tuner FYI. Even if you get the file, they likely have locked it.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is going to be the case with most any tuner FYI. Even if you get the file, they likely have locked it.
Yeah I understand why of course.

However...if I really want to...I can figure out how to copy it...now unlocking it...ehhh...if it's any normal encryption that would take longer than me going to the nearest star in the universe

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

I agree with you but can't blame them for locking their work. it's to stop "copy and paste" tuners.
like he said above, most tuners are going to have the files locked. It's as simple as contacting him and him making the changes though. At least that's how Drob does it. I tell him a % slip i want on my traction control and he changes it and gives it back.
Sponsored