Dyno pull after milltek exhaust install

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Sorry I didn't get a dyno prior to install.

318tq and 301hp to the wheels...definitely need a tune lol

This was a dyno done after installing the milltek exhaust. It comes with the 3 inch down pipe of course.

It's hard to explain how it sounds inside the car but there is zero drone!

It sounds great, I'll see if I can get a vid of it inside to capture how it sounds.

One vid for now

20180119_134145.jpg
Really should have done a before and after. That was the whole point. That’s what would have helped sell this exhaust. You have no proof of gains now.
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I'm not sure, but they did mention they couldn't put it in r+ mode because the sensors freak out and through abs and traction lights because the rear wheels aren't moving.

We need hondata bad
Thought you can fully disable the traction control. I am going to have to look that back up

Edit: You can fully disable traction control in +R mode. Page 508 of the manual

Last edited:

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
Thought you can fully disable the traction control. I am going to have to look that back up

Edit: You can fully disable traction control in +R mode. Page 508 of the manual
+R and hold down the VSA for 5 seconds. Do a pull after doing that :cool:

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I wonder why the down/front pipes are flanges and the exhaust is slip joints :hmm:

Says a lot about the "craftsmen" they have making these exhausts.
Flanges are needed for compatibility with the OE system, e.g., they'd like to be able to sell a front pipe to someone who keeps the factory downpipe and factory rear assembly.

Slip joints (or double clamps) are needed because the factory system behind the front pipe has no joints, and thus, no space has been created for any flanges, let alone the oversized flanges needed with a larger-diameter aftermarket system.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really should have done a before and after. That was the whole point. That’s what would have helped sell this exhaust. You have no proof of gains now.
I don't really have to...its my money. I'm not selling the exhaust. I'm not here to pay for r&d.

I'm not worried about proof

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I don't really have to...its my money. I'm not selling the exhaust. I'm not here to pay for r&d.

I'm not worried about proof
Didn’t say you had too, that’s just a lot of information we won’t see now, very good for comparison sake. Glad you posted it, just saying for information purposes it’s useless.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn’t say you had too, that’s just a lot of information we won’t see now, very good for comparison sake. Glad you posted it, just saying for information purposes it’s useless.
I guess a mod should delete this useless post lmao

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't feel bad. I am buying a LOT of parts, and I haven't baselined mine either. I am adding parts I think she needs, and I would like to have a Dyno on where it sits when I am done.

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
Flanges are needed for compatibility with the OE system, e.g., they'd like to be able to sell a front pipe to someone who keeps the factory downpipe and factory rear assembly.

Slip joints (or double clamps) are needed because the factory system behind the front pipe has no joints, and thus, no space has been created for any flanges, let alone the oversized flanges needed with a larger-diameter aftermarket system.
I don't see greddy having a problem including flanges in their 3" exhaust so that clearly isn't the issue:hmm: It's ridiculous that this exhaust is more than double the price of a competitor when it is using slip joints to hold the piping together. Enjoy the sound of exhaust leak! It's inevitable with any slip joint system

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I don't see greddy having a problem including flanges in their 3" exhaust so that clearly isn't the issue:hmm: It's ridiculous that this exhaust is more than double the price of a competitor when it is using slip joints to hold the piping together. Enjoy the sound of exhaust leak! It's inevitable with any slip joint system
The protoype Greddy pics show no flanges between the front pipe and muffler. Milltek (and Thermal, and ...) had to break that length into two pieces; I presume to lower shipping costs. We shall see if that unbroken length makes it into the production version.
ETA: The Greddy sport hatch exhaust breaks the length up with a two-bolt flange where the resonator goes in the stock system, so well done Greddy for placement. I would prefer a three-bolt flange on a 3" system; even Honda uses a three-bolt flange for 2.5" ... however, I think the implementation of a methodology is more important than a particular method.

As an aside, you have to add in the price of a front pipe to compare costs. (The front pipe is not included in the Greddy Supreme SP system.) You should also compare actual prices from vendors, not MSRP or MAP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once you add the front pipe the greddy it'll be about the same. This exhaust cost 1409 shipped.

A lot of exhausts uses this design now. The clamps seem very good.

I've had greddy before and it seems cheaply made, but that was back on my 2011 Si, so I'm sure allot has changed.

I've also had thermal, very good product but I didn't like the initial tip design, which they recently fixed.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For cost comparison, I see afe (also slip on type) doesn't come with that front pipe and is still 1400...add almost another 400 for the front pipe and it cost more than milltek...way more

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
Not going to argue whether or not a slip joint system will leak... Lol:doh:

Waiting for hks impatiently. The 2.5" exhaust I had from them on my rsx type s had a 3 bolt flange and a 2 bolt flange. Coated to protect from corrosion and high quality stainless steel for the canister. And it was only $520.

I expect the same quality but probably not the same price :rofl:
Sponsored