Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Ethanol is difficult and $ to get where I am unfortunately. But I may make the switch when upgrading the turbo. Install a flex fuel kit and move my water/meth system to inject before the intercooler. I'll most likely switch from 50/50 to just water at that point. And let the ethanol do it's job, and the water for heatsoak.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doubt it. The tiny turbo can only flow what it can flow. I don't see 300+whp on a Mustang dyno on any stock turbo 1.5T, regardless of ethanol or meth.

It is interesting to see someone exploring the possibilities of meth with this platform. Using it as secondary fueling for an E30 setup with an aftermarket turbo is probably the best way to utilize it.
Yeah maybe not on Mustang Dyno but even so without meth people have been making 290whp on E30-40 flex fuel blend already with full bolt ons and stock turbo. Figured with Meth added it can be a little more

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah maybe not on Mustang Dyno but even so without meth people have been making 290whp on E30-40 flex fuel blend already with full bolt ons and stock turbo. Figured with Meth added it can be a little more
The cooling properties of the water meth would be beneficial. But octane wise there about the same, methanol vs ethanol. There might not be any gain in adding meth to e30-40. Plus ethanol does a lot of cooling in it's own, just inside the engine. Maybe some water spraying before the intercooler would combate the heat soak

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The cooling properties of the water meth would be beneficial. But octane wise there about the same, methanol vs ethanol. There might not be any gain in adding meth to e30-40. Plus ethanol does a lot of cooling in it's own, just inside the engine. Maybe some water spraying before the intercooler would combate the heat soak
You have full bolt on? I was only saying Ethanol was more because the TSP Stage 2 tune by Two Step and DRob made 270whp / 327tq - TSP Stage 2 Tune w/ Flex Fuel on E35 with FX400 clutch and all stock bolt ons no aftermarket

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You have full bolt on? I was only saying Ethanol was more because the TSP Stage 2 tune by Two Step and DRob made 270whp / 327tq - TSP Stage 2 Tune w/ Flex Fuel on E35 with FX400 clutch and all stock bolt ons no aftermarket
Prl intake, stock intercooler. And a fx350. Tho I know more could be squeezed. KC holds at .49 during those dyno pulls.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I can tell you the TSP2 isn't making the same power on my Mustang Dyno as my DynaPack. :p

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can tell you the TSP2 isn't making the same power on my Mustang Dyno as my DynaPack. :p
Dynos are only #’s lol either way it’s pretty quick

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I've got a dash cam. I should throw up some car action haha

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Now i want a this neatly packaged into a bolt on kit. A fabbed up aluminum charge pipe with nozzle dongle's would be nice.

Would be cool to have ktuner interface with it so it only sprays on sport mode or certian times along with auto tune modes.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Now i want a this neatly packaged into a bolt on kit. A fabbed up aluminum charge pipe with nozzle dongle's would be nice.

Would be cool to have ktuner interface with it so it only sprays on sport mode or certian times along with auto tune modes.
All of that is possible. The AME charge pipe has a water meth port, pre built! And I can't say much, but water meth support though ktuner is feasible. I wouldn't be surprised, if this is something they would offer in the future. On the stock ECU.

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
I'm looking at going the TSP Stage 2 route later this year or early next year after I do a few other things first.
What type of numbers does the Stage 2 tune make on a Mustang Dyno?

Last edited:
OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm curious about this as well.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I just went into winter mode today :(
So no more fun for a bit. I'll be taking the front lip off next week.
Honda Civic 10th gen (DYNO graph now up!)Snow performance water-methanol injection 20181019_105003

CW0731

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Elantra Gt, 2017 Civic Si
Theres a lot of talk about the dyno numbers and they seem to vary (e.g. dyno type, configuration, etc). But how does the car feel from your perspective from stock? Are you happy with what you've done considering effort/cost. What do you think you can hold up against now, stock Sti, Golf Type R, etc.

BTW, those snow tires look like they'll handle any storm. Are those the stock rims? Or are they from a lower trim? The side walls look bigger than the stock tires. I live in NY and commuted with the car last year to nyc. I blew out one tire, bubbles in two others and my rims are all chewed up from the shitty winter roads last year. Now I got a hoopty for the commute.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Theres a lot of talk about the dyno numbers and they seem to vary (e.g. dyno type, configuration, etc). But how does the car feel from your perspective from stock? Are you happy with what you've done considering effort/cost. What do you think you can hold up against now, stock Sti, Golf Type R, etc.

BTW, those snow tires look like they'll handle any storm. Are those the stock rims? Or are they from a lower trim? The side walls look bigger than the stock tires. I live in NY and commuted with the car last year to nyc. I blew out one tire, bubbles in two others and my rims are all chewed up from the shitty winter roads last year. Now I got a hoopty for the commute.
the car pulls forward regardless of the gear i'm in, very happy with the outcome. stock always felt like it was giving up after 4500rpms, now it continues to pull forward into the higher rpms. I've seen more expensive mods then this return less power per $. as for the STIs and Golf Rs, my buddy has an STI and he may get off to a better start but i pull right ahead once i'm moving haha.

they should handle any storm! at $140 per tire. they're the stock 18" rims that came on the car. these tires are 235 50 18s vs the stock 235 40 18s. "Hoopty"?
Sponsored