First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased this duckbill spoiler back in June and it finally arrived at the end of August. You can choose what paint color you want it to be. I was skeptical on how the paint quality would be like. I got it in gloss black. Here is the link if anyone in interested:

http://www.kplayground.ca/product_i...d=780&osCsid=5541ee4822fafb4b26932693c0125d1a
Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill Spoiler Wrapped in Gloss Black img_6140-

When it arrived the gloss black paint did not look the greatest, so I decided to wrap it in Vivvid XPO gloss black vinyl. The most challenging part was the curved ends as I wanted to wrap it in one piece and not do it in 2 pieces. With lots of patience it turned out great. The vinyl is very flexible and durable. It's not a perfect wrap, but it works. When I install it I will get some photos up. Pardon the dirt. What do you all think?

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill Spoiler Wrapped in Gloss Black FullSizeRender-4

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill Spoiler Wrapped in Gloss Black FullSizeRender-6

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill Spoiler Wrapped in Gloss Black FullSizeRender-5

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill Spoiler Wrapped in Gloss Black FullSizeRender-3

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill Spoiler Wrapped in Gloss Black FullSizeRender-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill Spoiler Wrapped in Gloss Black FullSizeRender-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill Spoiler Wrapped in Gloss Black FullSizeRender

JKessler

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love that spoiler and great wrap job dude!

thatpinkfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, I know this thread is a year old but I found you have the same spoiler I want and I also have an EX-L.
I contacted Kplayground if the spoiler would cover the factory holes and they said it would not. But I see you were able to cover them lol

I just wanted to know how your process went about removing the stock one and installing this one

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, I know this thread is a year old but I found you have the same spoiler I want and I also have an EX-L.
I contacted Kplayground if the spoiler would cover the factory holes and they said it would not. But I see you were able to cover them lol

I just wanted to know how your process went about removing the stock one and installing this one
Hey hey,
No worries. I put outdoor 3M tape from Home Depot all on the under side of the spoiler. I lined the spoiler up where I wanted it near the end of the trunk lip and made sure the location covered the holes. The spoiler covers all the holes. Have enough tape to Cover the holes as well. You don’t want water getting in the trunk lid. I hope this helps. Don’t hesitate to reach out.

thatpinkfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey hey,
No worries. I put outdoor 3M tape from Home Depot all on the under side of the spoiler. I lined the spoiler up where I wanted it near the end of the trunk lip and made sure the location covered the holes. The spoiler covers all the holes. Have enough tape to Cover the holes as well. You don’t want water getting in the trunk lid. I hope this helps. Don’t hesitate to reach out.
Thank you for your reply!
So you covered extra tape over the holes before you mounted the duckbill?
And is this the tape you used? https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scot...ided-Outdoor-Mounting-Tape-411DC-SF/100575385

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for your reply!
So you covered extra tape over the holes before you mounted the duckbill?
And is this the tape you used? https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scot...ided-Outdoor-Mounting-Tape-411DC-SF/100575385
No. You make sure the bottom of the spoiler is completely covered in the doubles sided tape. You can leave less than half an inch in the backside so the tape doesn’t show. Then you just prop the spoiler on. If you put tape over the holes and under the spoiler you’ll have a lump. Don’t do that. Sorry I have no pics of the before applying the spoiler to the trunk.

thatpinkfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. You make sure the bottom of the spoiler is completely covered in the doubles sided tape. You can leave less than half an inch in the backside so the tape doesn’t show. Then you just prop the spoiler on. If you put tape over the holes and under the spoiler you’ll have a lump. Don’t do that. Sorry I have no pics of the before applying the spoiler to the trunk.
Ahh, ok, yeah I know what you mean.
Is that the outdoor tape you used? The one I linked above

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahh, ok, yeah I know what you mean.
Is that the outdoor tape you used? The one I linked above
Yes. You want the strong stuff because you’re not screwing it secure. I’ve had it in for over a year and it still holds strong.

thatpinkfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. You want the strong stuff because you’re not screwing it secure. I’ve had it in for over a year and it still holds strong.
Gotcha, Thank you so much for your insight!
Sponsored