Dual muffler exit exhaust for 2017 HB EX?

sdelre

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX
Country flag
Can any recommend an exhaust system for the EX. The EX does not have the rear lip diffuser with the center indention for the tips. I have not been able to find one, any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can any recommend an exhaust system for the EX. The EX does not have the rear lip diffuser with the center indention for the tips. I have not been able to find one, any help would be appreciated.
Note that the Sport / Sport Touring have a different (elevated) rear floorpan from the LX / EX/ EX-L. The rear pipes, mufflers and chromed ends, are situated in the middle, under the floor on the Sport / Sport Touring; on the other models, they are on the sides, at the bottom of the quarter panels.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
The overall length will also be shorter for the hatchback as well so even if you were able to get one on, you'd just melt your rear bumper cover.

OP
OP
sdelre

sdelre

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX
Country flag
The overall length will also be shorter for the hatchback as well so even if you were able to get one on, you'd just melt your rear bumper cover.
Yes these are the problems I'm seeing with everything on the market. Was wondering if I was missing something they have made to fix the problem. Is anyone aware of a rear bumper lip I can purchase with the room for the exhaust so it won't burn or a system that fits the current frame.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
If you were close to me then I could make you a system like you want and the bad thing is I'll be coming through Jacksonville in 2 weeks lol. As soon as I get my shop set up I'll be making stuff for these cars and shipping them, I wish I could help you out right now though

OP
OP
sdelre

sdelre

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX
Country flag
If you were close to me then I could make you a system like you want and the bad thing is I'll be coming through Jacksonville in 2 weeks lol. As soon as I get my shop set up I'll be making stuff for these cars and shipping them, I wish I could help you out right now though
Come on down, there is not much in Jax reference these types of cars, so you would do good.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
I may end up having to come down there, at least I won't freeze in the winter(except for this year lol) plus I have a ton of family in Orlando so may as well!

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
What are you looking to acheive? Do you want your car to sound like a big greasy fart? If so just delete your mufflers. If you want to gain performance, start at the other end and get a downpipe.

OP
OP
sdelre

sdelre

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX
Country flag
What are you looking to acheive? Do you want your car to sound like a big greasy fart? If so just delete your mufflers. If you want to gain performance, start at the other end and get a downpipe.

Thanks for the wisdom, I have the injen intercooler +upgrade pipes and afe downpipe coming in the mail. This was my last upgrade at this point. The Magnaflow 19312 says it fits but I have had some people say it doesn't anyone have knowledge on that one?

http://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_19312

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Thanks for the wisdom, I have the injen intercooler +upgrade pipes and afe downpipe coming in the mail. This was my last upgrade at this point. The Magnaflow 19312 says it fits but I have had some people say it doesn't anyone have knowledge on that one?

http://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_19312
No worries. My friend has a similar set up to you. He decided to throw on a cat back and afterwards once we started it up, we just both started puking and covering out ears. It sounded so bad like a poodle that had eaten a big can of beans from a dumpster and was then facing the back door consequences on a MASSIVE scale. We removed the aftermarket Cat Back and put the stock one back on.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Off topic question....

Is there really a big Difference in the truck between the sport and ex?

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Off topic question....

Is there really a big Difference in the truck between the sport and ex?
As I said the Sport / Sport Touring has an elevated center floor pan to accomodate the pipes and mufflers underneath. So the inside floor of the hatch has a dip of about 2-2 1/2 inches, whereas it's pretty much flat in thé Sport/Sport Touring.
Sponsored