KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just happened to put a sub and amp in my car running a line convertor off of the rear speaker outputs. I was finding the bass was cutting out at higher levels but only on some songs. So I figured it was something to do with the factory stereo since the amp wouldn't cut out when hitting harder bass on some songs. So I tried going into the settings to set it to flat and turn on the loud setting. I have a 2016 LX. The setting definantly does not stay on after shutting the car off. I've went into the menu again and turned it off and it definantly is turned back on after restarting the car. Sucks. I wish it would stay set
how did you get into diagnostic menu on lx ?
Sponsored

himynameisaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl White Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
So I installed SuperSu and got the DSP Flat script to run properly. I don't think it actually changes anything though. You can watch the script run, but the DSP setting is still set to "Default" and never reads as "Flat".

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
So I installed SuperSu and got the DSP Flat script to run properly. I don't think it actually changes anything though. You can watch the script run, but the DSP setting is still set to "Default" and never reads as "Flat".
For me the script changes it to Flat/Off

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Apparently I never got mine too work correctly; sorry to lead folks astray. I'll give this a try and see what happens on my Si.
May be it works differently on Si ? Just guessing. Try contacting the dev.

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I re-installed DSP Flat after installing SuperSU. The script ran but wasn't able to turn off the DSP. I attempted to turn off DSP manually via the diagnostic menus but the head unit wouldn't let me change the option.

Perhaps the Si head unit locks the DSP and cannot be changed?? Disappointing.

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I re-installed DSP Flat after installing SuperSU. The script ran but wasn't able to turn off the DSP. I attempted to turn off DSP manually via the diagnostic menus but the head unit wouldn't let me change the option.

Perhaps the Si head unit locks the DSP and cannot be changed?? Disappointing.
Could be. Perhaps check other threads for dsp flat in 'similar threads' below?

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Has nothing to do with SI. I have a 16 exl and have the exact same problem
Ah. I believe the Si has the same stereo as the exl. Looking at another thread, it sounds like DSP is done by the additional amplifier that these models have, so external to the head unit. Darn.

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Ah. I believe the Si has the same stereo as the exl. Looking at another thread, it sounds like DSP is done by the additional amplifier that these models have, so external to the head unit. Darn.
Any idea where the Amp is located? Or even the model or what company make em?

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport - Honda Sensing
Country flag
Is there any way to run that script if you don't have an android? What do iphone users do???

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Is there any way to run that script if you don't have an android? What do iphone users do???
You don't need a phone for this. The Android is on the head unit itself. You need internet WiFi to do the Honda Hack, a USB thumb/stick drive and a computer to download the SuperSU apk and DSP Flat script to the USB drive. Links and info are throughout this and related threads.
Sponsored