DSP Flat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Hey guys, I was out messing in the diagnostics settings of my Civic and I found the elusive DSP Flat option.
I will upload a youtube video with a link to it when I get home, but for now, I'll just walk you through it.

Step 1 - Go tot he diagnostics menu by holding Brightness, Power, and menu for a few seconds.
Step 2 - Tap Detail Information and Setting
Step 3 - Hold Menu to bring up the third menu
Step 4 - Hold menu again until a menu saying Factory Diag shows up
Step 5 - Select Syscom Free Mode
Step 6 - Use the onscreen buttons to navigate to the Fix-EQ option
Step 7 - Change the option to EQ OFF (FLAT)

Boom. DONE. I have also confirmed that the setting will remain the same upon multiple restarts of the car, even though it will SAY that it isnt if you go check. It is.

There is also a LOUD option under it which I presume would have greater effect on aftermarket speakers.

Happy Listening. :D

EDIT: It in fact does NOT remain even if it says otherwise. I cannot figure out how to get it to stay.
Sorry guys.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
What is DSP Flat? An option to un-compensate the amplifier's frequency response? Why would I want to do that? (Assuming I haven't changed the drivers.)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
What is DSP Flat? An option to un-compensate the amplifier's frequency response? Why would I want to do that? (Assuming I haven't changed the drivers.)
It's basically the head unit putting out a flat signal rather than whatever Honda thought was a good mix which is extremely bass lacking.
You woild wanna change it because you either have better speakers to put in, are wanting a flat signal to an amplifier, or simply just wanna have better sound from the factory speakers and are smart enough not to turn it all the way up and blow them.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember being able to do this in the 8th gen, but it went back to normal after turning off the car. I wanted to make it stick because I had added a booster amp and upgraded the speakers. I haven't made any modifications to this car, so I don't need to bypass the EQ. I did tweak the settings to get a mostly flat response on my frequency response app.

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
when you shut off the car the setting is reverted back to stock. Most of the deeper settings are returned to oem settingsto prevent any unwanted changes or tempering.

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
This is very interesting as the tweeters are now crackling. I am about to start a new thread about it asking for suggestions on replacements. I have added aftermarket speakers and a 45w x 4 channel amp. They said good but the right tweeter crackles when turned up to decent volume. I can only turn the treble down so much. Is there ANY way to find a proper EQ?

Luis_Vuitton_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Not working on my civicx touring. Anyone else out there with a touring had any success in enabling this? The eq menu comes up but instead of saying eq-on or flat it instead says [default].

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Not working on my civicx touring. Anyone else out there with a touring had any success in enabling this? The eq menu comes up but instead of saying eq-on or flat it instead says [default].
Use option one and two on the on screen buttons to change it

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Any idea if this will ever be possible to change the DSP to flat? Was it possible on the last gen? This crappy audio is driving nuts.

x1cmb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Gunna bump this. Tired of the extreme bass cut off and wondering if anyone has figured anything out further?

sinewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIvic EX W/Sense
Country flag
I can confirm this process works on EX-Sense (non-turbo, non-Amplified).

AND It doesn't keep the settings. Has anyone tried to write the setting to the EPROM? (same menu)

Last edited:

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
This also exists in the new Accord. I don't understand why Honda doesn't make this accessible and permanent if the owner wants that. I don't get the point of it at all buried in a service menu.
Sponsored