Drivers side (Left: USA) Mirror with Lane View Camera

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I was looking for the possibility of fitting a Right Hand Drive (ie UK) Passenger side Mirror with Lane view camera to the Driver's side of a USA Honda Civic Si (2018).

So I am in effect looking for a LEFT side Mirror with Lane View Camera.

No so easy to find, especially as so many Ads on Ebay for Civic side mirrors with Lane Watch Camera are calling the USA standard Left Hand Drive, Passenger Mirror with Camera, a LEFT side Mirror !!! (while others call it a RIGHT side mirror).

So, I am looking for a Driver's side Mirror (left mirror) with a lane watch camera, ideally already in Aegean Blue.

If anyone can figure out a part number to purchase this from maybe a UK Honda parts supplier, Online, I would be most grateful.

( I realize it will need extra wiring to support the 2nd camera, and a way to select which camera is to be used - that would seem to be the easy part... it's find the Mirror assembly that is proving difficult)
Sponsored

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
The mirror caps are pre-painted. About $30 from Honda (Honda calls them skull caps). However, you can use your existing mirror cap as all Civics use the same caps, lane watch camera or not.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having lane watch on the driver's side seems counter-intuitive since your attention is turning away from the mirror and the side in which you're planning to turn or switch onto.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Having lane watch on the driver's side seems counter-intuitive since your attention is turning away from the mirror and the side in which you're planning to turn or switch onto.
This. I feel like you'd be better off with a blindspot mirror, or curved Rearview mirror.

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
My real point was that "I was looking for the possibility" ..

and in doing so, found that some many sellers on Ebay don't seem to know their LEFT from their RIGHT !! :dunno:
or maybe it's just that they do not know if they are COMING or GOING ??
Sponsored