ackley.brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Scion tC, 2005 Ford F350 DRW, 2017 Nissan Rogue, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
so got my 2019 back from the dealer yesterday (was turned in for interior and paint protection/30 day check up, also had them look into the low speed brake squeak so they put a few miles on it) and today driving it I noticed the car felt "looser". Well turns out it's the driver seat bending/clicking. Anyone else have this issue with theirs? just hit 400 miles. Dealership has made an appointment to try and fix it.
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
so got my 2019 back from the dealer yesterday (was turned in for interior and paint protection/30 day check up, also had them look into the low speed brake squeak so they put a few miles on it) and today driving it I noticed the car felt "looser". Well turns out it's the driver seat bending/clicking. Anyone else have this issue with theirs? just hit 400 miles. Dealership has made an appointment to try and fix it.
I have the same issue.. but I'm at 20000 miles about to take to the dealer for warranty.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Don't delete the video, I will show the same one to the dealership .
Thank you.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
I believe other members have had the issue and you can snap it back together. Bigger people jumping in the seat and hitting that area probably unsnaps that area of the seat.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I believe other members have had the issue and you can snap it back together. Bigger people jumping in the seat and hitting that area probably unsnaps that area of the seat.
I can understand that , but I weight 140, I'm very skinny and I don't jump in to my seat, I'm very careful with the seat bolsters .

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Going on 5 months on mine haven't had that problem only the break squeak and i fixed that myself just pushing the dust cover away from the disc a bit other than that no problems at all

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have that happen every now and then. I just snap it back and it's fine. I have to be sitting in the seat and pushing back for it to "break" though. Doesn't seem to be a major issue so I've left it unchecked.

zeppelin2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Mine does it too. I've noticed it when I turn to grab something from the back seat.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Mine has done that since day 1. Dealership said it's "characteristic" of the cars. I'm 6' 4" and 260lbs so with my shoulder blades at the level of those things, they pop out anytime I get in the car on a warm-hot day.

Please let us know if your dealership is able to fix it.

fk8ronny

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well DIY experience can help if you carefully apply gorilla glue to the back of whatever is popping out

OP
OP

ackley.brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Scion tC, 2005 Ford F350 DRW, 2017 Nissan Rogue, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Mine has done that since day 1. Dealership said it's "characteristic" of the cars. I'm 6' 4" and 260lbs so with my shoulder blades at the level of those things, they pop out anytime I get in the car on a warm-hot day.

Please let us know if your dealership is able to fix it.
so the car has been back to the dealership 3 times to have the seat looked at. the first time they took it off and put it back on, it seemed to work, but the opposite side of the driver seat eventually let go. they replaced the backing and it went back to the original side clicking as seen in the video. I took it back in the third time and they acknowledged the seat, AND found the passenger seat doing the same thing. they replaced both seat backs and I am here to report today in December, the seat clicks and let's go STILL lol. sorry it took so long to get this update, but yeah, nothing seems to fix it permenently. I am accepting of it now. for clarity I am 5'7" 200lbs. car is now at 6k miles. 2019.
Sponsored