kstawowczyk

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the forum and this is actually my first post. I didnt see anything that addressed these specific downpipes in regards to comparison, but forgive me if something already exists.

As the title suggests, I'm looking into a downpipe and front pipe combo, and specifically at PRL, RV6, and MAPerformance. Does anyone who has run any of these have any complaints, suggestions, or comments? I like to get the most information I possibly can before purchasing parts, and was hoping you guys could help me out.

I'm leaning towards a catted downpipe in order to pass emissions. I'm not really interested in having to put the stock pipe back on each time I need to have my car inspected.

Thanks for the help in advance, I know this forum is extremely helpful to its members and I'm hoping that stays true now!
Sponsored

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the forum and this is actually my first post. I didnt see anything that addressed these specific downpipes in regards to comparison, but forgive me if something already exists.

As the title suggests, I'm looking into a downpipe and front pipe combo, and specifically at PRL, RV6, and MAPerformance. Does anyone who has run any of these have any complaints, suggestions, or comments? I like to get the most information I possibly can before purchasing parts, and was hoping you guys could help me out.

I'm leaning towards a catted downpipe in order to pass emissions. I'm not really interested in having to put the stock pipe back on each time I need to have my car inspected.

Thanks for the help in advance, I know this forum is extremely helpful to its members and I'm hoping that stays true now!
Hey man, i know people here praise PRL stuff so much, but if you wanted some catted downpipe, i think RV6 is the way to go..

Cheers bro!

Vr6chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2001 VW GTI VR6
Country flag
What about PLM, Rev9, Redline 360, or Invidia?

OP
OP
kstawowczyk

kstawowczyk

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What about PLM, Rev9, Redline 360, or Invidia?
I haven't really looked at those brands. I know PRL and RV6 are heavy hitters in this category, and have the R/D to back up their products. Not saying that the ones you mentioned don't, I honestly don't know. Those 3 I listed were just the 3 I had personally looked into.

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I haven't really looked at those brands. I know PRL and RV6 are heavy hitters in this category, and have the R/D to back up their products. Not saying that the ones you mentioned don't, I honestly don't know. Those 3 I listed were just the 3 I had personally looked into.
The RV6 catted DP is ceramic coated, helps keep heat inside the DP. That, and plus more ceramic wrap, turbo blanket. Chillest engine bay

OP
OP
kstawowczyk

kstawowczyk

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The RV6 catted DP is ceramic coated, helps keep heat inside the DP. That, and plus more ceramic wrap, turbo blanket. Chillest engine bay
Do you have the RV6 downpipe?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You would be fine with any of those three. The RV6 would let you retain top heat shield on catted. MAP has option to retain heat shield too I think. You have chosen the right selections. Let pricing and desired options be your guide.

Last edited:

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Can't go wrong with RV6 or PRL. The welds on RV6's stuff are second to none. As someone else mentioned earlier, with the RV6, you also have the ability to retain the top heatshield. With that said, PRL's pipes over and over again, have proven to perform superbly. These guys do great work, have excellent customer service, and are really involved in the 10th gen community. Don't forget to use the "civicx" coupon code if you order anything from PRL.

OP
OP
kstawowczyk

kstawowczyk

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for all the advice guys, looks like I have a tough decision to make....
Sponsored