First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I would follow this thread:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/who-has-changed-their-rear-motor-mount-pitch-stopper.21711/

I haven't started doing any mods yet, but seems people are going for the Hasport ones. Currently waiting for my ktuner before I start touching anything else.
Sorry not trying to hi jack the thread but is a rear motor mount necessary? I would like to steer away from the vibration it will make unless I really need to change it out. I am looking to do a DP+FP set up. Thanks.
Sponsored

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
You don't have to, it's just that if your going to get one down the line, you will end up having to remove the dp again to put in the mount so some people will do it all in one go.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You don't have to, it's just that if your going to get one down the line, you will end up having to remove the dp again to put in the mount so some people will do it all in one go.
What if I don't plan on getting one down the line, would the stock rear motor mount handle the downpipe and flexpipe fine or will the added parts ruin the rear motor mount? I know when I had my 2009 civic si I had to change the rear motor mount when I added an exhaust headers with a catback because the added part will cause more vibration thus destroying the stock rear motor mount. I assumed that the stock rear mount for the Type R is good to handle the vibration from the downpipe and flexpipe but I do not know. Thanks.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
What if I don't plan on getting one down the line, would the stock rear motor mount handle the downpipe and flexpipe fine or will the added parts ruin the rear motor mount? I know when I had my 2009 civic si I had to change the rear motor mount when I added an exhaust headers with a catback because the added part will cause more vibration thus destroying the stock rear motor mount. I assumed that the stock rear mount for the Type R is good to handle the vibration from the downpipe and flexpipe but I do not know. Thanks.
Most cases people get them to minimise wheel hop with increase in hp. Being a fwd most people will get it for this. That's the trade off, either minimise wheel hop and get more vibration or get more wheel hop, but not as much vibration. Just need to stay alert on new products coming out to find that balance if concerned with vibration.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What nonsense are you talking about, you dont have to remove the downpipe or front pipe to install the mount, only the plastic under tray. I have done 4 on Type-R, and 2 on Si.....dont always listen to what you read on the net

F30anderson843

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 BMW 335 EWG
I'm rocking a USR dp and no issues thus far, definitely will change the sound of your car, no experience with AFE personally.
With your USR, are you running it with stock exhaust? Anyway you could post a sound clip? I assume quality and fitment was perfect as well?

OP
OP
fjgarcia95

fjgarcia95

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Update: Finally got Downpipe and Front pipe, decided to Wrap it right away since I have the heat wrap.

Honda Civic 10th gen DOWNPIPE Downpipe and Front pipe

Bkejme68

First Name
BRIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Hatchback Sport touring
Country flag
Update: Finally got Downpipe and Front pipe, decided to Wrap it right away since I have the heat wrap.

Downpipe and Front pipe .jpg
Hey my friend, how’s the heat wrap doing?? Any problems..

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Anyone has catless dp on stock ecu (NO KTuner/Hondata) and not seeing any CEL?? If so, what brand and what other mods do you have?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

slowman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ABM CTR, 08 Mugen Si, 07 Fit Sport, 06 Acura TSX, 95 240 LS3, 93 Civic VX B16B
Country flag
This vid has me wanting to do catless downpipe (USR) mated to factory exhaust. Love the turbo whistle on revs.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Hey my friend, how’s the heat wrap doing?? Any problems..
Not a fan of wraps personally, unless you plan on taking the part off and re-wrapping every year or so your'e better off with ceramic or leaving it off. My wraps on my Subi downpile caused a lot of rust and moisture to trap in the fibers. Over time it really ate things up - not to the point of failure, but if I had a time machine I wouldn't have wrapped it.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
downpipe blanket provided by grp to replace currently lava wrapped grp downpipe.

intake pipe blanket provided by prl.

both for testing and review.

Honda Civic 10th gen DOWNPIPE IMG_4499.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DOWNPIPE IMG_4499.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DOWNPIPE IMG_6984.JPG