First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what downpipe are you guys buying for your CTR? also, if you have one what are your thoughts on it. I was looking at the AFE (takeda) Downpipe, but I wanted to get your guys opinions. Thanks!
Sponsored

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what downpipe are you guys buying for your CTR? also, if you have one what are your thoughts on it. I was looking at the AFE (takeda) Downpipe, but I wanted to get your guys opinions. Thanks!
I'm rocking a USR dp and no issues thus far, definitely will change the sound of your car, no experience with AFE personally.

Marc_Seegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R #12951
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Running the MillTek Race De-cat DP, slight sound increase but nothing major :thumbsup:

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there's not that much difference really from one dp to another but look for a couple things:

1) how are the welds and quality of the stainless steel? is it 304? not all things bright and shiny means quality either....just a machine polish. more importantly you should and need to lava wrap the dp to keep heat inside the pipe and away from the engine bay since the stock heat shield is not reused. do not skip lava wrapping and is cheap to do so.

2) ctr has 2x O2 sensors. dp with only 1 throws a cel/check engine light. if you get a dp with only 1 O2 sensor, you'll need to have an O2 sensor fooler installed.

3) decide if you want to go sport cat (200 cel) or no cat since no cat will make things louder than with a sport cat...regardless of which cat back exhaust you use. up to you.

i have @GrahamRahalPerformance sport cat (200 cel) downpipe as part of their complete turbo back system.

OP
OP
fjgarcia95

fjgarcia95

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
there's not that much difference really from one dp to another but look for a couple things:

1) how are the welds and quality of the stainless steel? is it 304? not all things bright and shiny means quality either....just a machine polish. more importantly you should and need to lava wrap the dp to keep heat inside the pipe and away from the engine bay since the stock heat shield is not reused. do not skip lava wrapping and is cheap to do so.

2) ctr has 2x O2 sensors. dp with only 1 throws a cel/check engine light. if you get a dp with only 1 O2 sensor, you'll need to have an O2 sensor fooler installed.

3) decide if you want to go sport cat (200 cel) or no cat since no cat will make things louder than with a sport cat...regardless of which cat back exhaust you use. up to you.

i have @GrahamRahalPerformance sport cat (200 cel) downpipe as part of their complete turbo back system.
1) as you stated before I will be wrapping the downpipe in lava wrap to be safe and keep the car from getting extra heat.

2) Yes the AFE one come with the 2 O2 sensor plus and extra one for other purpose.

3) I will definitely be going Catless, and get the front pipe, and keep stock exhaust to see how I like it.

Thank you!

OP
OP
fjgarcia95

fjgarcia95

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Update: I just purchase the AFE DP and Front pipe, I will let you guys know how I like it, and what I think of it.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1) as you stated before I will be wrapping the downpipe in lava wrap to be safe and keep the car from getting extra heat.

2) Yes the AFE one come with the 2 O2 sensor plus and extra one for other purpose.

3) I will definitely be going Catless, and get the front pipe, and keep stock exhaust to see how I like it.

Thank you!
Ok so the money pit begins. Strongly suggest doing the intercooler. The combo of IC and DP is the most effective bolt on of all for noticeable performance gains on the turbo car. Since you’ll need to remove the bumper for installation (can do DP without bumper removal but a PITA), might as well upgrade your IC...promise you turbo spools faster by about 500 RPM and torque rises down low to mid RPMs.

I have PRL IC as part of my project. You can search for the custom stencil also.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
...and also replace the rear engine mount while your down there if you like.

OP
OP
fjgarcia95

fjgarcia95

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok so the money pit begins. Strongly suggest doing the intercooler. The combo of IC and DP is the most effective bolt on of all for noticeable performance gains on the turbo car. Since you’ll need to remove the bumper for installation (can do DP without bumper removal but a PITA), might as well upgrade your IC...promise you turbo spools faster by about 500 RPM and torque rises down low to mid RPMs.

I have PRL IC as part of my project. You can search for the custom stencil also.
I was looking into it (PRL intercooler), but today I was talking to mishimoto and they told me they working on an intercooler and is in final stage now, doing some final test. really curies to see what they have to offer.

But definitely will try to get a hold of an PRL IC

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag