• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey guys looking to get a down pipe but I was going over the options. Rv6, Prl and AFe. All seems good but is there really a difference to them? Or is it just a brand thing? I can’t decide on which one but aFe seems very costly out of all of them. I’ll probably go with the catted route. What are your opinion?
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't heard anyone having issues with the PRL DP. It's the only full 3 incher right now so far as I am aware.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well aFe downpipe is 3 inch and the frontpipe is 2.5 inch according to their website. RV6 is 3 inch tapered to 2.5 inch by vclamp which can be removed to fit their soon to be 3 inch A pipe for full 3inch setup. PRL as of now is full 3 inch. My RV6 is ceramic coated inside and out from them and retaines factory heatshield as well as catless. aFe told me a 2.5 inch setup is because they didn't want to lose power through midband.

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Haven't heard anyone having issues with the PRL DP. It's the only full 3 incher right now so far as I am aware.
I did read something if I get the combo with Prl down and front pipe. That it might rattle or something ? Correct me if I’m wrong

Well aFe downpipe is 3 inch and the frontpipe is 2.5 inch according to their website. RV6 is 3 inch tapered to 2.5 inch by vclamp which can be removed to fit their soon to be 3 inch A pipe for full 3inch setup. PRL as of now is full 3 inch. My RV6 is ceramic coated inside and out from them and retaines factory heatshield as well as catless. aFe told me a 2.5 inch setup is because they didn't want to lose power through midband.
How do you like the rv6? What does the ceramic coating do? Is it worth it? Does your down pipe throw off cel? But since all the down pipe are 3in there really is no difference between them right? Btw do you know if the aFe retains the factory heat shield?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did read something if I get the combo with Prl down and front pipe. That it might rattle or something ? Correct me if I’m wrong

I don't think aFe retains heatshield. Ceramic coating keeps heat inside the pipe and not released around the engine. RV6 is really nice and does not throw codes because it has a O2 sensor defouler.

How do you like the rv6? What does the ceramic coating do? Is it worth it? Does your down pipe throw off cel? But since all the down pipe are 3in there really is no difference between them right? Btw do you know if the aFe retains the factory heat shield?

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh alright, this might be a dumb question but what’s the difference between black and silver ceramic coating from them?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh alright, this might be a dumb question but what’s the difference between black and silver ceramic coating from them?
Pretty sure it's just a color thing lol regardless it does what it's suppose to and that's to keep heat out of the engine bay.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have one installed?? If you do how is it??
They are like any other dp/fp imo lol. They are the cheapest priced dp/fp combo and the welds are good. Only difference is the piping is a gauge size smaller but that doesn't make a huge difference at all.

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Pretty sure it's just a color thing lol regardless it does what it's suppose to and that's to keep heat out of the engine bay.
Oh haha, alright, was wondering why they have a 10$ difference between colors lol.

I dont have them installed yet too cold outside. There is a thread on them though if you do a search.
They are like any other dp/fp imo lol. They are the cheapest priced dp/fp combo and the welds are good. Only difference is the piping is a gauge size smaller but that doesn't make a huge difference at all.
Found the one you were posting on :) thanks! The video they posted sounds amazing for the price for the combo :D
kinda torn between the two now... Plm combo just cost 342$ lol... while just the down pipe for the rv6 is 474$ ....
and aFe is pretty much out of the question since its 561$...
@LilToTo17 if you didnt but the rv6, would you have gone with the plm combo?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh haha, alright, was wondering why they have a 10$ difference between colors lol.

Found the one you were posting on :) thanks! The video they posted sounds amazing for the price for the combo :D
kinda torn between the two now... Plm combo just cost 342$ lol... while just the down pipe for the rv6 is 474$ ....
and aFe is pretty much out of the question since its 561$...
@LilToTo17 if you didnt but the rv6, would you have gone with the plm combo?
Most likely yes lol I would have. I would have just ptp lava wrapped the downpipe instead of ceramic coating it.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
The Prl combo doesn’t rattle, you have to install it right, they offer a catted version which is a plus. Afe isn’t true full 3 inch and costs way more.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Prl combo doesn’t rattle, you have to install it right, they offer a catted version which is a plus. Afe isn’t true full 3 inch and costs way more.
Here's what aFe said
Honda Civic 10th gen Downpipe options? Screenshot_20180202-005949
Sponsored