Downpipe option

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am exploring dp fp option for ctr. Mine coming in a couple weeks and i trying to educate myself with aftermarket mod option.
I have pretty much all prl bolt on for my sport hatch. catless dp fp combo, intake and fmic.
After some quick search.. it looks like the company that involve in 1.5L platform is quite different from ctr.
What i will do with ctr is jailbreak ecu and hondata. Then will be
Dp fp, exhaust, fmic, intake.
I am searching online and there seems quite abit of option out there for dp fp
-PRL
-HKS
-K-tuned
-AFE
-invidia
-RV6
Etc..

Advice?? I do plan to get catted option this time so i can pair it with aftermarket exhaust without worrying being too loud
Sponsored

Last edited:

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For the R??
Running cattless PRL fp dp combo, no problems. 27won has not released one for the R yet. If I’m not wrong, PRL and RV6 can send them off for ceramic coating.
I agree getting a catted version would help when pairing to an aftermarket exhaust.

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the R??
Running cattless PRL fp dp combo, no problems. 27won has not released one for the R yet. If I’m not wrong, PRL and RV6 can send them off for ceramic coating.
I agree getting a catted version would help when pairing to an aftermarket exhaust.
Yes for ctr.
I have all PRL bolt on for my sport hatch, cant be happier with prl but for the ctr, kind of want to try different company.
I am totally unfamiliar with ctr platform and not sure which company is the way to go.
I know 1.5 platform, almost half of the fellows here will vote for PRL.
For ctr, it seems quite diversified.
But if i want to stay with catted.. i believe the choice are some how narrowed down..

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes for ctr.
I have all PRL bolt on for my sport hatch, cant be happier with prl but for the ctr, kind of want to try different company.
I am totally unfamiliar with ctr platform and not sure which company is the way to go.
I know 1.5 platform, almost half of the fellows here will vote for PRL.
For ctr, it seems quite diversified.
But if i want to stay with catted.. i believe the choice are some how narrowed down..
PRL or RV6, going catted I would have it ceramic coated and use the factory heat shield

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL or RV6, going catted I would have it ceramic coated and use the factory heat shield
I am familiar with both company because they involve heavily on 1.5 platform.
So you have them in your ctr as well?
Are they both 3.5"?

Whatever brand i get, i am planning 5o have it ceramic coat by JetHot, they are professional doing ceramic coat on any pipe. And will still DEI heat wrap it plus oem heat shield.. i believe this will shield the heat really really well.

I am just not sure if another brand that make better product for ctr platforms

CTR198

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, R8 V10 Plus
Country flag