Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
  • Banned
After ordering it back in August my HKS downpipe/frontpipe is coming in Monday. It will be paired with HKS Legamax...can't wait to hear it.
Sponsored

Mario_Kart

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328d Touring, BMW M4 GTS, Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just took mine off. Too much stink, too much noise and too much rasp. Everywhere I go, I get unneeded attention.

Switching out for a rv6 catted downpipe instead.

OP
OP
18RRtypeR

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
I just took mine off. Too much stink, too much noise and too much rasp. Everywhere I go, I get unneeded attention.

Switching out for a rv6 catted downpipe instead.
It's not daily driven so I'm okay with it!

Mario_Kart

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not daily driven so I'm okay with it!
Mine isn't too. I've got a 2016 328d touring and a 2015 vw touareg tdi for daily and beater. Also have a 2016 m4gts as summer weekend car.

I have only put on 1200miles on the type r in 8 months of ownership.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I can't believe you waited so long for that DP/FP and it is not even a true 3in diameter! I am a necked-down exhaust hatero_O but to each their own.

OP
OP
18RRtypeR

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
I can't believe you waited so long for that DP/FP and it is not even a true 3in diameter! I am a necked-down exhaust hatero_O but to each their own.
Thanks for your input.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
On the other hand, I am sure you will very much enjoy the sound:thumbsup:

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
After ordering it back in August my HKS downpipe/frontpipe is coming in Monday. It will be paired with HKS Legamax...can't wait to hear it.
nice! Im debating doing this set up or the RV6 Catted to bolt up to my HKS Hi-Power Spec-L. It would be nice to match all HKS for my exhaust, but slightly concerned how much louder its going to make it, although the Spec-L is a lot tamer than the Legamax. Definitely do not want drone as mine is DD.

OP
OP
18RRtypeR

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
nice! Im debating doing this set up or the RV6 Catted to bolt up to my HKS Hi-Power Spec-L. It would be nice to match all HKS for my exhaust, but slightly concerned how much louder its going to make it, although the Spec-L is a lot tamer than the Legamax. Definitely do not want drone as mine is DD.
My goal was to run full HKS exhaust and intercooler. I like the legamax sound and quality of their product. The intercooler and charge pipes were excellent quality.
Honda Civic 10th gen Downpipe is finally coming in 20190730_101241
Honda Civic 10th gen Downpipe is finally coming in 20190730_095513

Mario_Kart

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My plan was also to run full HKS as well, but the catless downpipe is just too loud for me with the Legamax exhaust. Also, I prefer to have the heatshield back on to look stock under the hood.

I have heard the Legamax and Spec-L side by side, they are about the same in noise, just a slightly different tone between the 2. The Legamax is a little deeper because of its 3" piping and more sound deadening in the rear cans.

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
My plan was also to run full HKS as well, but the catless downpipe is just too loud for me with the Legamax exhaust. Also, I prefer to have the heatshield back on to look stock under the hood.

I have heard the Legamax and Spec-L side by side, they are about the same in noise, just a slightly different tone between the 2. The Legamax is a little deeper because of its 3" piping and more sound deadening in the rear cans.
I totally forgot about the heat shield, guess that’s not an option for the HKS?

OP
OP
18RRtypeR

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I appreciate the info...I'm looking forward to this install.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to hear, I like HKS stuffs. I have have their intercooler and charge pipe kit.. was debating to get their legamax and downpipe..
but I dont want the fame smell so end up didnt go with HKS dp.. legamax on it's own is too quiet so at the end I only have HKS intercooler and pipe.
really interested in hearing how it sounds with full hks exhaust. please share your thought after installation and would be nice with video too..
mine has aFe catted dp fp, ceramic coated, wrapped, catback I have Ark DT-S ...it looks good, sounds good but it droins

OP
OP
18RRtypeR

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good to hear, I like HKS stuffs. I have have their intercooler and charge pipe kit.. was debating to get their legamax and downpipe..
but I dont want the fame smell so end up didnt go with HKS dp.. legamax on it's own is too quiet so at the end I only have HKS intercooler and pipe.
really interested in hearing how it sounds with full hks exhaust. please share your thought after installation and would be nice with video too..
mine has aFe catted dp fp, ceramic coated, wrapped, catback I have Ark DT-S ...it looks good, sounds good but it droins
I actually like the tone with just the legamax... it got deeper after a month or so

Mario_Kart

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I totally forgot about the heat shield, guess that’s not an option for the HKS?
For sure the lower heat shield is not going to mount back on. The top heat shield can be mounted back on with 2 of the 3 mounting location and you will have to bend the shit out of it to fit and not rub on the hks down pipe.
Sponsored