1Si

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I've bought from TSP multiple times. Chances are that it's back-ordered or they're waiting for it to arrive. Call or email them. They've got great customer service.

Offer stands. Let me know when. LOL.
I've emailed them but got nothing yet. Do you happen to have their number? Can you pm that, I can't seem to find it on their website.

Also, if you guys ended up working on @ne0guri 's downpipe, I'm down to drive to Fontana to watch and help... mostly watch and learn on how to do it and then help a little... LOL
Sponsored

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
I've emailed them but got nothing yet. Do you happen to have their number? Can you pm that, I can't seem to find it on their website.

Also, if you guys ended up working on @ne0guri 's downpipe, I'm down to drive to Fontana to watch and help... mostly watch and learn on how to do it and then help a little... LOL
I would also like to join in if possible, would like to take notes, I can bring snacks lol

OP
OP
1Si

1Si

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
DP/FP showed up today, I guess it was just not updated that it was already shipped. Now I just need time this weekend to install :)

Do I need to remove the entire plastic cover under to install it? Or can I do it by just removing the aluminum cover that I take out whenever I do oil change service?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
DP/FP showed up today, I guess it was just not updated that it was already shipped. Now I just need time this weekend to install :)

Do I need to remove the entire plastic cover under to install it? Or can I do it by just removing the aluminum cover that I take out whenever I do oil change service?
Remove the whole plastic skid tray, you won't have enough access through the aluminum bit

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Remove the whole plastic skid tray, you won't have enough access through the aluminum bit
Do You know if I have to remove the Frontpipe completely in order to change the Downpipe?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do You know if I have to remove the Frontpipe completely in order to change the Downpipe?
I don't think you have to, but it's a bit tighter of a space to work the DP out of. Taking the lower DP brackets off will help. You may have to pull the FP off the rubber hanger (sorry lol) to give you a bit more wiggle room

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think you have to, but it's a bit tighter of a space to work the DP out of. Taking the lower DP brackets off will help. You may have to pull the FP off the rubber hanger (sorry lol) to give you a bit more wiggle room
Lol... that damn hangar :mad:

But yeah I ended up watching @AREA ‘s install video (great video!) so I feel super confident about doing the install on my own now.

Did you use any wobble sockets to help with torquing some of the bolts down? I had a hard time tightening the connection between the front pipe and downpipe.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lol... that damn hangar :mad:

But yeah I ended up watching @AREA ‘s install video (great video!) so I feel super confident about doing the install on my own now.

Did you use any wobble sockets to help with torquing some of the bolts down? I had a hard time tightening the connection between the front pipe and downpipe.
I used universal joint sockets on the exhaust but I don't think I used them for the upper DP bolts. Just a couple extensions worked underneath the rad hoses.

OP
OP
1Si

1Si

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
After some good advice from @hobby-man and others, I installed mine last Saturday and oh boy it sounds nice. I can finally hear my engine when I'm driving LOL. I sprayed PB blaster on it for 2 consecutive days and right before I worked on it. Nuts and bolts came out easily without any issue. I probably spent more time taking the belly cover off and routing the pipes in and out.

Also, @ne0guri, how did you rip your hangers? haha My rubber hanger wasn't that bad to take off, just used wd-40 in between rubber and metal hanger, then I used an adjustable channel lock(not sure if thats what it's called haha)

A question tho, any torque specs for the dp to turbo and fp to exhaust bolts? I just tightened by hand, but not sure if I needed more.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the install and how it sounds. Not a bad install especially if you like working on your own car haha

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@1Si pull up the 27WON install guide, it has torque specs. Somewhere around 40-45 lb-ft if I recall correctly

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, @ne0guri, how did you rip your hangers? haha My rubber hanger wasn't that bad to take off, just used wd-40 in between rubber and metal hanger, then I used an adjustable channel lock(not sure if thats what it's called haha)
Lol... it’s funny because I remember this meme of how an engineer builds an idea but then the end user gets their hands on it and completely messes it up (no matter how thorough and easy the instructions). I am that end user lol

Honestly I do not know how I ripped it, but I did. I honesty think I didn’t spray enough PB blast on the hangar rod. Plus it was the first hangar I was dealing with, so you know, beginners luck right!

2018Gemini

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi All,

How much did you guys pay for a downpipe/frontpipe install? Anyone know any good local shop around downtown LA?

I was originally planning on doing it myself but changed my mind after reading about the turbo studs breaking. I already ordered new studs, nuts and bolts for the turbo just in case. I just need to look for a shop that would do it for a reasonable price.

Also, I ordered RV6 dp/fp combo from Two Step Performance about a week ago. Anyone ordered a downpipe from them? My order is still stuck in "awaiting fullfilment" status. How long do they usually take to prepare and ship it?

Took me a long time to start modding and the wait for the dp/fp is killing me lol. Next mod after this would be either HKS or 27Won exhaust

Thanks all
I just did the RV6 DP/FP install myself with no issues. Relatively easy install, PB blaster is a knuckle saver! I'm finishing editing my install video and will be posting it in my channel soon.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_JP0DGIIwSCnOLTiFTHoGg

Reactions: 1Si
OP
OP
1Si

1Si

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

2018Gemini

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I already did mine haha not that bad actually. I initially just got scared of the broken stud posts but ended up doing it on my own anyway lol
It's pretty sweet right!?! Civic keeps getting easier to drive faster! Ha! I've got the sirimoto sub frame kit on the way and will be doing an install video/review on that soon too! Looking forward to seeing how much it changes the cornering dynamics! @procivic

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
When you say you let the PB blaster soak for 2 days did you not use the car at all?

After some good advice from @hobby-man and others, I installed mine last Saturday and oh boy it sounds nice. I can finally hear my engine when I'm driving LOL. I sprayed PB blaster on it for 2 consecutive days and right before I worked on it. Nuts and bolts came out easily without any issue. I probably spent more time taking the belly cover off and routing the pipes in and out.

A question tho, any torque specs for the dp to turbo and fp to exhaust bolts? I just tightened by hand, but not sure if I needed more.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the install and how it sounds. Not a bad install especially if you like working on your own car haha
Sponsored