First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi All,

How much did you guys pay for a downpipe/frontpipe install? Anyone know any good local shop around downtown LA?

I was originally planning on doing it myself but changed my mind after reading about the turbo studs breaking. I already ordered new studs, nuts and bolts for the turbo just in case. I just need to look for a shop that would do it for a reasonable price.

Also, I ordered RV6 dp/fp combo from Two Step Performance about a week ago. Anyone ordered a downpipe from them? My order is still stuck in "awaiting fullfilment" status. How long do they usually take to prepare and ship it?

Took me a long time to start modding and the wait for the dp/fp is killing me lol. Next mod after this would be either HKS or 27Won exhaust

Thanks all
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I believe @ne0guri was quoted $180 to install his full turbo back (DP/FP/Exhaust), so less than that I guess?

The DP really isn't too bad to install yourself. I soaked the studs multiple times in penetrating fluid several days before attempting removal. 24" breaker bar took them off easily.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I believe @ne0guri was quoted $180 to install his full turbo back (DP/FP/Exhaust), so less than that I guess?

The DP really isn't too bad to install yourself. I soaked the studs multiple times in penetrating fluid several days before attempting removal. 24" breaker bar took them off easily.
Unfortunately the shop was closed yesterday... so I ended up installing the front pipe and back exhaust on my own. Since I came this far, I’ll probably install the downpipe as well. I might take it to the shop tomorrow to make sure I installed properly.

But yes I was quoted $180 for the full turbo back. I’d bet it would be around $100 to get only the down pipe installed.

Reactions: 1Si

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Unfortunately the shop was closed yesterday... so I ended up installing the front pipe and back exhaust on my own. Since I came this far, I’ll probably install the downpipe as well. I might take it to the shop tomorrow to make sure I installed properly.

But yes I was quoted $180 for the full turbo back. I’d bet it would be around $100 to get only the down pipe installed.
So you figured out the rubber hangers eh lol

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you figured out the rubber hangers eh lol
More like I ripped one completely off lol... gonna have to go buy another one from Honda, but luckily the ripped one still does it’s job somewhat... better than nothing. Might be why my exhaust tips are slightly off.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More like I ripped one completely off lol... gonna have to go buy another one from Honda, but luckily the ripped one still does it’s job somewhat... better than nothing. Might be why my exhaust tips are slightly off.
A rubber hanger removal tool and/or generous application of diluted dish soap in a spray bottle will help with removal (too late, I know). But the dish soap will help with the installation for sure.

For future reference: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-38350-Exhaust-Hanger-Removal/dp/B0012S9A5

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A rubber hanger removal tool and/or generous application of diluted dish soap in a spray bottle will help with removal (too late, I know). But the dish soap will help with the installation for sure.

For future reference: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-38350-Exhaust-Hanger-Removal/dp/B0012S9A5
Oh trust me I lubed that sucker with PB Blaster but I think I was prying it off incorrectly and just ripped right through it lol. This is what happens when you don’t follow instructions properly.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh trust me I lubed that sucker with PB Blaster but I think I was prying it off incorrectly and just ripped right through it lol. This is what happens when you don’t follow instructions properly.
Oh, good. Replacing the torn hanger should be much easier now that the exhaust is up in the air. I had a bit of struggle installing a 11-lb Miata muffler by myself, so can't imagine doing it by myself on a Civic.

OP
OP
1Si

1Si

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

I was originally planning to do it. I have all the tools and spare parts needed actually, I just got a bit scared to break that stud/bolt for the turbo. LOL. How many miles do you have on your car when you did your downpipe? I already have 14000 miles on mine, I don't know if that makes it harder to take off. I'm kind of thinking of doing it by myself again haha.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was originally planning to do it. I have all the tools and spare parts needed actually, I just got a bit scared to break that stud/bolt for the turbo. LOL. How many miles do you have on your car when you did your downpipe? I already have 14000 miles on mine, I don't know if that makes it harder to take off. I'm kind of thinking of doing it by myself again haha.
Do it yourself! Man if I can do it... anyone can for reals. Just PB blast the crap out of all the bolts and nuts and make sure you have a breaker bar. Luckily I had this hollowed out aluminum tube and I was able to attach it to the ratchet handle for a makeshift breaker bar. Saved my ass when removing the downpipe to Frontpipe connection.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I had about 20k km on mine, if you're patient and take your time you shouldn't have any problems.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're willing to drive out to the Fontana area, I'd be willing to do it for a case of beer. :beer:

OP
OP
1Si

1Si

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
If you're willing to drive out to the Fontana area, I'd be willing to do it for a case of beer. :beer:
haha I appreciate the offer, if I change my mind about doing it myself, I'll let you know. But I think I'll try and install it myself. Gonna take off the heatshield when I have time so I can start soaking it with PB blaster before I do the install. Just have to wait for the downpipe....

Anyone here have experience buying from Two Step Performance? I don't know why my order is stuck in awaiting fulfillment for a week now, I don't know if RV6 dp/fp is backordered or what lol

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yoooo this might be an offer I’d like to take up! I have family out in Corona so maybe I might hit you up next time I’m in that area.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
haha I appreciate the offer, if I change my mind about doing it myself, I'll let you know. But I think I'll try and install it myself. Gonna take off the heatshield when I have time so I can start soaking it with PB blaster before I do the install. Just have to wait for the downpipe....

Anyone here have experience buying from Two Step Performance? I don't know why my order is stuck in awaiting fulfillment for a week now, I don't know if RV6 dp/fp is backordered or what lol
I've bought from TSP multiple times. Chances are that it's back-ordered or they're waiting for it to arrive. Call or email them. They've got great customer service.

Yoooo this might be an offer I’d like to take up! I have family out in Corona so maybe I might hit you up next time I’m in that area.
Offer stands. Let me know when. LOL.
Sponsored