Down Pipe Recommendation

BlackKnightSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Let me hear your guys' recommendation for a downpipe. I plan to run the MAP exhaust system for my 19 coupe si.

Thanks!
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
You're going to get a bunch of different answers because it's not that simple. There's price, cat vs no cat, heat shield retention, other stuff I'm sure...

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I recommend running PRL DP/FP as that it what the majority of people are running according to what I’ve read. Each to their own though.

MAP is not a bad company either. You can choose to run their full turbo back exhaust system which would be their DP/FP and Exhaust.

all depends on what you’re looking for

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Like someone said, it really depends. Are you going to run a tuner so you can clear the engine light you’ll likely get ? Are you on a budget? Is there emissions where you live? Do you mind the smell of catless?
I went with CNT racing catless because it’s inexpensive and has good build quality.
I would go with any brand except PLM

tsmoove

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Imo, if you're running Map exhaust then get the whole Map set up. You can customize the finish and add ons on their DP. Otherwise if money or obstacles come to play; look into RV6, PRL (V2), 27Won, FKX, and more. BUT definitely get a tuner to get rid of certain CELs.

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
Let me hear your guys' recommendation for a downpipe. I plan to run the MAP exhaust system for my 19 coupe si.

Thanks!
I went with 27Won Catted down pipe. Fitment was spot on, quality is outstanding, and the finish was awesome, no scratches on the polished front pipe or on the down pipe. The biggest factor that helped me go with 27won over PRL, it was in stock and ready to ship. I did end up getting s Tuner to keep the check engine light off, it was my excuse to get the TSP Stage 1 tune. The light didn’t trip all the time and did not change the way the car performed when it did trip.

Honda Civic 10th gen Down Pipe Recommendation F3EECAC6-2CA7-4FF8-B7F1-23F45B2C70F7

Honda Civic 10th gen Down Pipe Recommendation 1354B5DD-A6AF-4A55-B8A5-71CEB50AFEC7

Honda Civic 10th gen Down Pipe Recommendation 1B0FE6A9-A7A2-48D7-AE4D-574766EA377A

Honda Civic 10th gen Down Pipe Recommendation 370CC816-EE4C-4288-891A-DC89B9132FA3

milk_jug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si sedan
Country flag
run the maperformance DP w the exhaust... not sure why you'd do anything else. This is the setup I have as well.

OP
OP
BlackKnightSi

BlackKnightSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
run the maperformance DP w the exhaust... not sure why you'd do anything else. This is the setup I have as well.
I love the MAP race muffle sound it's what I am looking for. My intend is to make sure I get the most power from the down pipe and a great quality product. Pricing is not an issue. Thank you for the input.

OP
OP
BlackKnightSi

BlackKnightSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Like someone said, it really depends. Are you going to run a tuner so you can clear the engine light you’ll likely get ? Are you on a budget? Is there emissions where you live? Do you mind the smell of catless?
I went with CNT racing catless because it’s inexpensive and has good build quality.
I would go with any brand except PLM
I will be running a tuner to avoid the lights and get the most power out.
No budget.
I am in NY and oh, yes they do emissions.
I would like to know if there are any major differences between the down pipes because as of now I am leaning towards the MAP whole system. Primarily, this is due to the options you have and first and foremost that sound from the racing muffler.

Thanks!

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I will be running a tuner to avoid the lights and get the most power out.
No budget.
I am in NY and oh, yes they do emissions.
I would like to know if there are any major differences between the down pipes because as of now I am leaning towards the MAP whole system. Primarily, this is due to the options you have and first and foremost that sound from the racing muffler.

Thanks!
If no budget I would do AFE twisted steel. I think it’s the only brand to not throw a CEL. 2nd would be a coin toss between PRL & RV6.
As far as differences, sure there are some -
Diameter wise they have 2.5-3”. Arguably there is no more gains going with a 3” unless you are pushing over 350 whp..
Catted vs catless- catless will be louder and yield a few more horses..
Quality- some mfgs will use a lower end steel so long term durability may be affected.
Since you already have the exhaust like me, I’d opt for a catted version. I have catless and it’s pretty loud. It isn’t my daily so I can live with it though. I would personally go with the brand that doesn’t throw a CEL, that way if you ever want to trade the car in to the dealer and not remove the downpipe, you don’t have to worry the about a check engine light being on and Explaining why that is. Otherwise you’d have to sell the car with the tuner etc.
But if you’re not on a budget and don’t care then my point is moot

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Please, tell me the reasoning behind your decision.
PRL - good company, quality work, communicative on the forum, answers the phone when called
RV6 - first I can recall making it a point to retain the factory heat shield, haven't seen anyone complain of issues.

also PLM - low cost, seen more than a few people here using them. I guess they are worth considering due to the low price.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL, RV6, MAP, or 27Won. Any of those would be fine. I have PRL. High quality and tend to win on price (at least when you can hit a sale ...) At this point in the calendar I might just wait for Black Friday. Not sure what kind of deals they will have, but last year I got the catted DP/FP combo for around $525. RV6 also had BF sales and MAP probably will do something for their stuff as well. I'd hold off two months and see what shakes out in November.
Sponsored