Double tapping lock and unlock on remote...

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
So!
Wayyy cool, just read somewhere on these boards that if you double tap and hold the unlock on the remote fob, all windows and sunroof open up. Cool.

BUT! Double tapping the lock button does not do the opposite.

I'm bad about leaving a window (or worse, the sunroof!!) down or cracked and in Florida...that's extra bad.

Am I missing anything? I'd gladly trade the ability to remotely open my windows for a remote closing of them!
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
This is a safety feature. If you accidentally roll up the windows someone or something could be damaged.

I believe you can roll up all the windows from outside the vehicle using the physical key in the lock tumbler. Turn it to lock and hold it there and all windows will close.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you remove the physical key from your fob and turn it twice (and hold it I believe) in the door, it will close all the windows and moon roof.

Last edited:
OP
OP

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
This is a safety feature. If you accidentally roll up the windows someone or something could be damaged.

I believe you can roll up all the windows from outside the vehicle using the physical key in the lock tumbler. Turn it to lock and hold it there and all windows will close.
In this litigious society, I'll take your explanation of safety as a probable one...but crap, that sucks!
I'm trying to picture how this could be a bad move - not that I don't believe you, but how is it that much different to remotely close up the car than it would be while still sitting in it?

I'm sure you're picturing what I am, I walk away a bit and then think to myself, 'did I roll everything up, it's gonna rain today' - I want to be able to simply turn around, look at the car and double tap to close everything up. To think that the save would be to protect someone or something that is still in my car after I shut it off and walk away is ... overly 'safe', I think.

Thanks for the reply and yep, I know about the key roll up, but with all the convenience of the walk-away lock and remote fobs in general, walking back to my car to dig out my keys and then take out the real key to stick in and turn/roll up the windows seems overly tedious.

<sigh>

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I have had the "auto-down" bite me before when the fob was in pocket and the button got pressed inadvertantly. Then go to the car and find the windows cracked. Now imagine your dog (kid, elderly parent, etc) in the car, windows cracked, but the opposite happens.

OP
OP

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
I have had the "auto-down" bite me before when the fob was in pocket and the button got pressed inadvertantly. Then go to the car and find the windows cracked. Now imagine your dog (kid, elderly parent, etc) in the car, windows cracked, but the opposite happens.
I guess...but that situation is already deep in potential issue. Kids, dogs, etc. left in a car at all is a bad idea - even with windows cracked. But cool, thanks for the reply!

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
I come from the vw community before getting my civic. If a (same model, in my case GTI) vw had a feature in another country that i wanted here, i could program it with a VAG (Volkswagen auto group) tool that was readily available. Before my GTI, i had a Mercedes. Same situation (but the programming tool was called STAR).
Does honda not have anything like this?

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I remember my father had this feature on his Nissan Altima a while back. I was inside a friends house playing poker, the double tap must have activated in my pocket. For whatever reason I remember I needed something from the car and it was just absolutely POURING outside. I must have went through 5 rolls of paper towels lol. Worst experience ever!

Imolared

OzCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VTI-LX - DOB: 18 Jan 2017, Delivery: 1 March 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Again, it's a safety feature. In the upside down world, you need to be able to block the snakes, spiders, and drop bears from getting into your car.
You forgot the DINGOS mate!!!! :p

Seriously, I do love this feature since I always forget to close the bloody moon roof. Only one of the very few we get over here compared to NA versions.
Sponsored