doors won't unlock

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
last week when i tried to unlock my doors with my key fob they would not unlock then i tried the key in the door and it would not work either, so tried the fob again and the hatchback unlocked but nothing else.
so had to climb through the back to unlock my doors :(

took it to the dealer which of course the key fob was working with no problems but the key still did not work they found a rod had came off the door and now the key works, they told me that could have been the problem i had with the key fob as it might have caused a bind.

now a few days later getting ready for work the key fob once again will not unlock the door but they key works now.

has anybody else had this problem? so far its been cold outside when this happens and i have had this car over a year now and this just started last week
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I had this happen once in two years. It wasn't cold that day.

I have had similar issues with my garage door. Sometimes one of the remotes doesn't work, but another does, then the original one starts working again.

OP
OP

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this happen once in two years. It wasn't cold that day.

I have had similar issues with my garage door. Sometimes one of the remotes doesn't work, but another does, then the original one starts working again.
when it happened to me i tried my spare remote it did not work either