First Name
Khoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Hello guys.
I just purchased a 2019 civic hatch sport touring. i was curious how the feeling would be when sitting in the back of the new car.

After that, i realized that i could open it from the inside even though it was the door that i got into the back seat by that door. Tried to push the key to unlock it but it wouldnt work, so i had to escape myself by the other door lol.

I was disapointed that the car i just got now having a problem.... I'll bring the car to the dealership and have them check it tomorrow.

Have your guys ever heard about this problem yet?
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello guys.
I just purchased a 2019 civic hatch sport touring. i was curious how the feeling would be when sitting in the back of the new car.

After that, i realized that i could open it from the inside even though it was the door that i got into the back seat by that door. Tried to push the key to unlock it but it wouldnt work, so i had to escape myself by the other door lol.

I was disapointed that the car i just got now having a problem.... I'll bring the car to the dealership and have them check it tomorrow.

Have your guys ever heard about this problem yet?
Maybe the child lock is on?

OP
OP

Joamss

Vietnamese Civic owner
First Name
Khoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes. When i opened the door, i saw that lever and switched it to positive right the way but the door still cant unlock. Thats why im so concerning..
That's the only thing I can think of. If the door is opening from the outside, I have to assume the mechanism is working. Something wrong with the interior handle perhaps...? I'd just swing by your dealer and have them look at it.

OP
OP

Joamss

Vietnamese Civic owner
First Name
Khoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's the only thing I can think of. If the door is opening from the outside, I have to assume the mechanism is working. Something wrong with the interior handle perhaps...? I'd just swing by your dealer and have them look at it.
Yes. Thats exactly what im gonna do cause i've never got this problem before

Exactions

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
This happened on my 19 sport sedan. The dealer replaced the actuator but it still happens. For me the lock does not work most of the time. I have to unlock it from the inside manually to open the door.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sounds like the inside door handle is not connected.
i know on my 2017 hatchback i couldn't unlock my door with the key ended up being the bar was not hooked up to unlock the door

OP
OP

Joamss

Vietnamese Civic owner
First Name
Khoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update:
Took my car to dealership and they replaced the latch and the door back to work as it supposed to.
Thanks you guys!!!!! :D
Sponsored