Door unlock (when touching the door handle) stops working about 2 minutes after..

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So recently I detailed my car, looks really really good now (finally the winter is over!). I noticed right after that when I touch the door handle to unlock my car it didn't work, then I tried the hatch and nothing, same for the passenger side.

Strangely enough, if I lock the doors then touch the door handle it works no problem. However if I walk away for about a minute or 2, it all stops working again and I have to use the key.

Took it to the dealer, they reset the system they said (my radio background went back to red from blue so they probably just disconnected the battery and reconnected it). Still does the same thing.

Car is a 2017 Sport Hatchback.

Has anyone had this issue and if it was fixed what did it end up being?
Sponsored

kyle61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
So recently I detailed my car, looks really really good now (finally the winter is over!). I noticed right after that when I touch the door handle to unlock my car it didn't work, then I tried the hatch and nothing, same for the passenger side.

Strangely enough, if I lock the doors then touch the door handle it works no problem. However if I walk away for about a minute or 2, it all stops working again and I have to use the key.

Took it to the dealer, they reset the system they said (my radio background went back to red from blue so they probably just disconnected the battery and reconnected it). Still does the same thing.

Car is a 2017 Sport Hatchback.

Has anyone had this issue and if it was fixed what did it end up being?[/QUOTE

I had same issue on 1st month at my 2017 hatch EXL, I just disconnect and reconnect the battery, issue gone and never again until now.

Disconnect battery won't reset your radio setting. I think dealer only did reset the system

OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks, will try this on the weekend when I have time.

OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Disconnect and reconnect of battery worked... why the dealer didn't try this already is beyond me.

Thanks.
Sponsored