98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Wondering if this means you have to replace the fuse(s) to one with higher limits, to allow more amps thru before blowing. Its just a few leds though so I dunno
You shouldn't. You are just tapping a different switched power source.
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was thinking about picking up another set and installing them for the rear doors. Has anyone attempted this yet?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I was thinking about picking up another set and installing them for the rear doors. Has anyone attempted this yet?
Personally I think it'd be better and easier to have footwell illumination perhaps under the seat. But anything is possible these systems are really easy just need a positive and negative.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Personally I think it'd be better and easier to have footwell illumination perhaps under the seat. But anything is possible these systems are really easy just need a positive and negative.
I realized after posting that the rear window switches do not have illumination. Therefore wires will need to run through the door grommets to either the tail lights or dash. So I decided not to pursue this.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those that have installed these? are they too bright? I'm concerned about the pocket light maybe being in the wrong spot at the FRONT of the door panel, but at the back would potentially reflect off of the windshield. I haven't really seen many coupes install these but I'm intrested.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those that have installed these? are they too bright? I'm concerned about the pocket light maybe being in the wrong spot at the FRONT of the door panel, but at the back would potentially reflect off of the windshield. I haven't really seen many coupes install these but I'm intrested.
Nope, they are very dimmed. There's black cover surround the led bulb, so your eyes won't be hurt from it. Then these bulbs are placed in such a strategic locations that you won't even notice it's there, but just seeing a dimmed light on the door handles and the storage areas.

Picture from OP, see the black plastic shroud?

Honda Civic 10th gen Door  lining illumination install 1594082519555

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the handle I'm not worried about, its the one in the door pocket is what I'm concerned with. it seems alot of the pictures i see its right in your face on the front edge of it, in the way of things. probly just an angle thing, but the floor lighting seems to overpower all good pictures of the pocket area, its difficult to get a good judgement on it.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the handle I'm not worried about, its the one in the door pocket is what I'm concerned with. it seems alot of the pictures i see its right in your face on the front edge of it, in the way of things. probly just an angle thing, but the floor lighting seems to overpower all good pictures of the pocket area, its difficult to get a good judgement on it.
I don't see them when I'm sitting in the seat.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
excellent.. thanks, i COULD post it here but this is the Type R forum, and i don't have a type R.. ill post them elsewhere

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The door pocket LED isn't covered completely by the shroud. Driving normally, it's not bright at all. If I peek into the pocket, I can see the LED. But it's not blinding.

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
excellent.. thanks, i COULD post it here but this is the Type R forum, and i don't have a type R.. ill post them elsewhere
I agree with what @98-0425 said. It's bright, but it doesn't catch your eye while driving, so it's not bothersome, but it adds a very nice subtle bit of color to the areas. However if you peer into the pocket depending on the angle/seat position you do see it and it is bright, but not blinding.

I'll try to take a representative pic tonight when it gets dark to give you an idea.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with what @98-0425 said. It's bright, but it doesn't catch your eye while driving, so it's not bothersome, but it adds a very nice subtle bit of color to the areas. However if you peer into the pocket depending on the angle/seat position you do see it and it is bright, but not blinding.

I'll try to take a representative pic tonight when it gets dark to give you an idea.
I find it almost impossible to capture the atmosphere of the effects in pictures.

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I find it almost impossible to capture the atmosphere of the effects in pictures.
I agree, but I usually edit it with a phone app to look almost what it would look like with my eyes at that moment. It's never perfect, but usually it's pretty good.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree, but I usually edit it with a phone app to look almost what it would look like with my eyes at that moment. It's never perfect, but usually it's pretty good.
Can't wait to see that. The pictures that I took with my iphone only shown a line bulb color or a dot of bulb color.... lol. You can't really see the soften lights.

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Can't wait to see that. The pictures that I took with my iphone only shown a line bulb color or a dot of bulb color.... lol. You can't really see the soften lights.
Yea I mean it's not great. I've attached the pics. I really enjoy the ambient light they provide and they don't bother me, so if you're thinking about it and want to go through the install process, I say go for it. Just to be clear, I edited these as they look if you look down at them and your eyes adjust. Obviously when driving your peripheral vision does not catch it. If you glance at them, it appears lighter/duller because your pupils do not have enough time to adjust and see the full brightness.

Honda Civic 10th gen Door  lining illumination install IMG_20200708_023718-01

Honda Civic 10th gen Door  lining illumination install IMG_20200708_023851-02

Honda Civic 10th gen Door  lining illumination install IMG_20200708_023814-01