Dome bulb fell between Headliner and Roof. Retrievable?

rcheung28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Hi all! When I was trying to swap my lights to LEDs, the original dome light halogen bulb slipped out of my hand and fell behind the rear passenger dome light housing, between the headliner and the roof. Has that happened to anyone and is it retrievable? I've tried using a metal wire with tape at the end to bring it out, but didn't seem to work. Any suggestions are welcome.
Worst case scenario, I'll just have to live with the bulb rattling left and right when I'm turning.
Honda Civic 10th gen Dome bulb fell between Headliner and Roof. Retrievable? axQTIsN
Sponsored

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Will a magnet on a stick work? I'm not sure if the little contacts on the OEM bulb will be enough to stick to the magnet, but it might work?

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I had the same exact problem in my sedan was trying to get it but now i guess it found its way some where it doesnt roll around.

OP
OP

rcheung28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Last night, I tried using an endoscope camera to find where it is. It was pretty difficult to navigate and I couldn't find the bulb. It might've been because my camera was too thick.

Will a magnet on a stick work? I'm not sure if the little contacts on the OEM bulb will be enough to stick to the magnet, but it might work?
If the magnet had direct contact with the bulb, then it'd technically work. But in this situation, if I stuck a magnet between the headliner and roof, it'd just get stuck to a metal surface from the car's frame.

I had the same exact problem in my sedan was trying to get it but now i guess it found its way some where it doesnt roll around.
I thought I was the only one! Mine more or less stopped rolling around, so the rattle every once in a while doesn't bother me.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Simple solution:

1) Drill half inch hole in top center of roof
2) Turn car upside down, shake vigorously
3) Bulb will fall right out roof hole
4) Plug/cap/RTV hole

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a YouTube video how to remove the antenna shark fin. He removed the rear bit of the headliner. I would like to remove the entire headliner. I asked if anyhow had done it or knows how and had no response. So when I finally do it in 2 weeks I'll follow up with how it's done...

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it does roll around later, you and Driver66 can look at it as a legacy g-force indicator w/inclinometer feature.

You need a glass magnet, not a ferrous magnet, check eBay.

Just kidding, youā€™d be better off adding aquarium tubing to that canned foam insulation and trying to ā€˜freezeā€™ it in place. Donā€™t use much as is absorbs 37 times itā€™s weight in excess stomach acid. No, wait, wrong product. The foamy spray grows 37 times itā€™s released size.

We used to have fun with the commercial shipping injection sprayers (mixes them at nozzle). Yā€™now the ones injected between plastic sheet layers to custom fit items in the box (solar panels then). That stuff sets Up really fast and yes you can! We even talked our admin girl into making a great impression. Some peopleā€™s kids!
Sponsored

Last edited: