Does this sound normal to you all?

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
When revving up the engine, this wistle sounds on the back ground, does it sound normal? I don’t think i’ve noticed it in the past...

Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Might just be me, but I'm not hearing it.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Ain't that just the turbo?
It likely is. I just haven’t ran the car with no ac blasting on full that it was surprising to hear it. Idk, maybe i just forgot how it sounds

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Run a SRI or CAI and that nose will be even louder :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing to hear. Moving along...

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
them mysterious sounds...I can hear it on the hot engine and I can't on cold. anyhow, thanks for listening in

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When revving up the engine, this wistle sounds on the back ground, does it sound normal? I don’t think i’ve noticed it in the past...

I'm not a pro, but I heard that "whistle" clearly on my s10+ on max volume( not flexing), I'm not 100% but the 1.5t(L15b7/L15ba) have side piping for exhaust fumes to get by the turbo, when not in boost. Basically it's the stuff that makes all the air recirculate and that's what your hearing, so all that air will be available when your actually using ur turbo, during moderate to full boost( obviously)

Hence why these sadly come with recirculating pressure valves, instead of that "whoosh" or "StuStuStu" BoV so many people like.

If you put a bov and ANY KIND you will cancel out all that air on standby, and starve the engine of air a few times, making it run moderately rich.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I'm not a pro, but I heard that "whistle" clearly on my s10+ on max volume( not flexing), I'm not 100% but the 1.5t(L15b7/L15ba) have side piping for exhaust fumes to get by the turbo, when not in boost. Basically it's the stuff that makes all the air recirculate and that's what your hearing, so all that air will be available when your actually using ur turbo, during moderate to full boost( obviously)

Hence why these sadly come with recirculating pressure valves, instead of that "whoosh" or "StuStuStu" BoV so many people like.

If you put a bov and ANY KIND you will cancel out all that air on standby, and starve the engine of air a few times, making it run moderately rich.
I'm not a pro even more than you are lol. With that said, what you're trying to say is that sound/whistle is normal operating sound? wonder why it wasn't evident before? or I just haven't heard it...

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm not a pro even more than you are lol. With that said, what you're trying to say is that sound/whistle is normal operating sound? wonder why it wasn't evident before? or I just haven't heard it...
Maybe the turbos sound different after they get a little worn? Idk if this is really a thing though :D

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Maybe the turbos sound different after they get a little worn? Idk if this is really a thing though :D
What’s weird is that it sounds like nothing on “cold” engine. But once warmed up you can clearly hear. I’m leaning towards mechanical nature of it now, like some bearings arr going out or something

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
What’s weird is that it sounds like nothing on “cold” engine. But once warmed up you can clearly hear. I’m leaning towards mechanical nature of it now, like some bearings arr going out or something
Well, you can certainly hear it here and this shit pisses me off. I don’t think it’s turbo since the sound is still on when not in boost. What in the

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Well, you can certainly hear it here and this shit pisses me off. I don’t think it’s turbo since the sound is still on when not in boost. What in the
I think the turbo compressor still spins a little, just not enough to make boost. The wastegate probably stays open when you're in park or neutral. That would explain why you hear a sound even without load.

I'm no expert though, I'm learning along with you guys.
Sponsored