First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I take it you've never been to the CTR section? :rofl:
Yeah...if you think Si owners are bad then heading over to the CTR section would give you a rude shock lol. CTR > Every car ever made according to some people :rolleyes:.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
After Honda gave the hatchback sport a better body kit and overall look than the Si I really don’t give a crap. I wanted a sonic grey hatch manual but was kinda hard to find one in 2017 so I got the Si. Pretty happy with my decision but I do feel some kind of way every time I see a sonic hatch

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I think your first mistake is thinking that the SI is a "special edition" car.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
It doesnt bother me but I find it odd they'd put the SI wheels on the sport and not have some unique wheels on the SI like in '18.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I think your first mistake is thinking that the SI is a "special edition" car.
It does have a pretty long legacy much like the GTI (30+ years IIRC). Enthusiasts have come to expect a modestly hopped up chassis with solid handling and other mild performance tweaks. And we get a lot more aftermarket headroom in the 10th Gen with the rods and fueling.

Honda has gotten quite good at mixing and matching parts from other models while still giving each trim some flavor. It's one way they're able to offer a lot of car at the price point they do. Even the CTR shares a surprising amount of components with the base hatch (most previous models have been highly customized by Honda or third party contractors, further driving up MSRP).

As I mentioned above, I expect future Si models to offer a lot of the same differences. But Honda may offer some extra tweaks in the powertrain, like exhaust VTEC and a slightly larger turbo, for more power and better character.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol...sign of the times where anything said will be found offensive and taken to some whole imaginary level of hate and stupidity. Surprised OP hasn’t been called racist too already.

I do find it kind of shitty with the new shared parts but my coupe pretty much looks like any other civic coupe to me but for the spoiler...nobody really knows wtf an Si is in the general public but for us and a small group of kids that may have parents my age that still love em...
Yeah most enthusiast cars people don't understand...most people still don't know the difference between a focus st/rs and a plain one

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread turned into a dck measuring contest and there seems to be a lot of overcompensating :rofl:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
This thread turned into a dck measuring contest and there seems to be a lot of overcompensating :rofl:

And the dicks aren't even big. They're all Civics.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
This thread needs to be locked already.
Sponsored