Does this bother you...

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Does this bother you... 9FA4A754-5F42-4964-B710-FECAF2744530
Honda Civic 10th gen Does this bother you... 8F3B4DF1-18A7-4E7E-BEA6-1AD40C94B3AF

Unfortunately, I see disrespect and rudeness all over this forum - and pretty much ANY forum - it doesn't help that expressing opinions in writing means we don't get to see all of the social intricacies that people recognize in the day-to-day (expressions, body language) to add context to the discussion. All we can do is make an attempt to get along and disengage from toxic members/posts :)

Anyways -- seems like opinions are split on this, which tbh is interesting. I wish for more visual differentiation but it is cool to see that others don't really give a crap.

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
All I gotta say is...

Those that know, know.

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I traded a 2017 Scatpack Charger for my Si

The SRT boys were unsettled about the Scatpack. The Scatpack boys were triggered by the V6 SuperTrackPak (which looks nearly identical to the Scat) and donā€™t even start mentioning the STPā€™s with Brembos lol

So no, no fā€™s given
Hehe and don't the new Scatpacks have some Hellcat parts? Dodge is notorious for scavenging.

wytwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White SI Coupe
Country flag
I'm sure your extra 25 hp is a rocket ship compared to our turds. :rolleyes:
Actually the coupe/sedan sports only have the 2.0L NA engine and not the 1.5L turbo found in the Hatchback Sports. There is a 47 HP more and 54 lb/ft of torque between SI and coupe/sedan sport. You are more limited with tuning on the 2.0L also. So yes you should feel a difference of what is basically 50HP and 50 lb/ft of torque.

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
Actually the coupe/sedan sports only have the 2.0L NA engine and not the 1.5L turbo found in the Hatchback Sports. There is a 47 HP more and 54 lb/ft of torque between SI and coupe/sedan sport. You are more limited with tuning on the 2.0L also. So yes you should feel a difference of what is basically 50HP and 50 lb/ft of torque.
I have the hatch so I didn't know the sport sedan didn't have the 1.5 turbo. Yeah!! Those guys suck! :lol:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I mean why would Honda put the 1.5 in the sport sedan?? Defeats the purpose of the Si then and would probably eat into it's sales lmao. 2.0 is a great, smooth, reliable engine with more than enough power for most people, especially with KTuner but yeah obviously doesn't compete with 1.5 and it's not meant to. The Sport is just an appearance package, Honda used the same logic in the Civic as they did with the Accord lineup but the mistake was making it look like an Si, if the Si had different styling from the Sport then I would have no problem with it.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I mean why would Honda put the 1.5 in the sport sedan?? Defeats the purpose of the Si then and would probably eat into it's sales lmao. 2.0 is a great, smooth, reliable engine with more than enough power for most people, especially with KTuner but yeah obviously doesn't compete with 1.5 and it's not meant to. The Sport is just an appearance package, Honda used the same logic in the Civic as they did with the Accord lineup but the mistake was making it look like an Si, if the Si had different styling from the Sport then I would have no problem with it.
Well it does. Bumpers are different on sedan and coupe. So itā€™s different lol

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Well it does. Bumpers are different on sedan and coupe. So itā€™s different lol
I'm talking about the difference between the Sport and Si, obviously the coupe has a different bumper. Even with the Sport's subtle differences, it still basically looks like an Si.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I'm talking about the difference between the Sport and Si, obviously the coupe has a different bumper. Even with the Sport's subtle differences, it still basically looks like an Si.
Well my coupe still cost more than them lol.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Snowing in the gta area like crazy so Iā€™m home cracking up reading this thread!:popcorn:

Doesnā€™t bother me that the sport trim looks like the Si, Honda saw a gap to sell more cars and fill it with the sport trim, good on them, that is smart business.

Also mod your car anyway you want, isnā€™t that what car culture is about? Feel like slapping on vtec turbo badges on your si go for it, ridiculous camber sure! It ainā€™t my car:rofl:

Besides more important stuff in the world than judge peopleā€™s cars.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tuner will take care of that real quick. Lol and a user posted a vid of an si vs regular cvt sedan and the cvt beat it every time. :lol: They then switched drivers to see if it was driver error and cvt still beat it every time lol. So no I donā€™t think itā€™s that much better. Cooler looking? Sure but since conversion mods exist I can make my coupe look cooler than yours so what exactly are you paying for? The si badge? I can buy that shit and stick it on my car. The wing? I can buy that and stick it on my car. 205 hp? A tuner flash and I got that too.
Then doing that why not just get a Si or get an R if your gonna spend the extra $$$ on that stuff then? I won't boast about how much better the Si is because I have been around the Si since the early 90's and Honda has been the same about the Si trim when it comes to power and performance. Reason they don't go further and reading posts on why Honda did not put more power into it is because they have the R as their top performance option for those that want and can get the top Civic.
It's like comparing the DC2 GSR and Type R. Back then the GSR had 170hp and the Type R had 195hp, but then you look into everything they left out of the GSR that was put into the R of that era it was quite a few things especially the engine. Yea you can say by doing some mods to a GSR it can perform better then the stock R itself, but it still started as a GSR and you will spend a few bucks to get it there. Take your CVT on a twisty road with an Si and will see who is the top performer.

I understand what OP is talking about, but he may have come out the wrong way by all means i don't think he was boasting that the Si is the superior civic on the road. He is just not happy with Honda going the route with the sport civic trim and i can understand that. I am driving the Si because I am going to autox it and that LSD and suspension is out the box better then the other trim models other then the R.
Sponsored

Last edited: