Does this bother you...

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
So this Sunday I saw a 2019 Civic Sport while in the drive-thru. I immediately noticed the Si wheels on the car. I also notices the front chrome piece was blacked out like the Si as well.Then I saw an older couple get into the car so I know they did not modify the car. This bothers me the Si is supposed to be a special performance edition and now they are going to look exactly like every other one on the road except for the actual Si badge. Anyone else think that is pretty shitty? It should have some unique parts... yes yes I know the wing and badge.
Well I assume itā€™s going to REALLY gonna bother you when I put on my CTR front conversion kit with my carbon fiber interior and led fogs and headlights. You know what...ā€I donā€™t give a fuck!ā€ Lol since I donā€™t know how to drive a Manuel obviously the si was out of the picture. Oh yeah also donā€™t worry about the si wing Iā€™ll be putting on too. :beer::popcorn: Oh yeah does it bother you when people modify their houses or computer systems or literally anything else they own to make it look better?
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I'm sorry if it offends anyone but yes the Si is a *much* better car than the regular Civic.
Tuner will take care of that real quick. Lol and a user posted a vid of an si vs regular cvt sedan and the cvt beat it every time. :lol: They then switched drivers to see if it was driver error and cvt still beat it every time lol. So no I donā€™t think itā€™s that much better. Cooler looking? Sure but since conversion mods exist I can make my coupe look cooler than yours so what exactly are you paying for? The si badge? I can buy that shit and stick it on my car. The wing? I can buy that and stick it on my car. 205 hp? A tuner flash and I got that too.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Tbh I kinda agree with @Davsonamission. Think about it logically. The Focus ST, VW GTI, hell even the Elantra Sport, all have their own unique body kit, exhaust setup and styling to differentiate it from the regular trims. Si is a sport oriented trim of the Civic therefore it should have it's own unique styling like the rest of the competition. Making a Civic Sport have the same styling as an Si with a slightly different shade of wheels is just Honda being cheap and dipping into their parts bin because they're to lazy to give the Sport or Si unique styling. I totally get being kinda pissed that a Civic Sport is out there looking exactly like your Si Civic. I'm sure GTI owners would get pissed too if VW released ordinary Golfs that had the same wheels, exhaust setup, and red trim but they weren't a GTI. No hate on people who own Civic Sports but Honda dropped the ball here imo.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tuner will take care of that real quick. Lol and a user posted a vid of an si vs regular cvt sedan and the cvt beat it every time. :lol: They then switched drivers to see if it was driver error and cvt still beat it every time lol. So no I donā€™t think itā€™s that much better. Cooler looking? Sure but since conversion mods exist I can make my coupe look cooler than yours so what exactly are you paying for? The si badge? I can buy that shit and stick it on my car. The wing? I can buy that and stick it on my car. 205 hp? A tuner flash and I got that too.
If you're running on the right hand road against a stock Si then yes.... you're absolutely right. Heck, w/o a tune on the CVT I bet it'd be about even with the Si despite the power deficit through never shifting, power locked in at its peak and holding boost.

Honda Civic 10th gen Does this bother you... d-zigzag-vs-straight-road-render-depicting-complex-simple-paths-57018250

Once you need to corner... or stop quickly... or you decide to tune the Si, which has higher limits than a non-Si... especially one with a CVT, then where does that leave you?

Let's not get carried away. All Civics are fine but discounting better suspension, a LSD, better brakes, more fueling, a 9 vane turbo, stronger rods, lower compression and more for a 'A tuned CVT can beat it in a straight line' is missing the point of where the car shines. While there's a few high horsepower examples making some Mustang GT-esk 1/4 mile runs... the Si was made to carve up a twisty road and put a smile on your face. Running a mid/high 14 against a reflashed CVT driver who needs to hold their right foot down and keep the steering wheel straight doesn't sound terribly exciting and isn't a good comparison of the capabilities of the Si trim. If all you care about is going in a straight line and matching or beating a stock Si while having the convenience of a CVT... well... you chose wisely.

Making a Civic Sport have the same styling as an Si with a slightly different shade of wheels is just Honda being cheap and dipping into their parts bin because they're to lazy to give the Sport or Si unique styling.
One thing I'd thought about... though I'm not way familiar with them was the Accord sports from last gen. They had a K24 but had an appearance package I though... dual exhaust and big rims. I don't recall if they had a wing. Now don't remember a 'sport' trim in the last on a Civic... but it's something Honda had done in other models. I'm not sure how the old K24 Accord sport compared to the V6 Accord and if they played the same game at giving a lot of the same appearence options as the V6. At least from I could find, both the sport and V6 rode on 19s with the other trims on smaller wheels. Not sure if they were the same though.

http://shop.gardenstatehonda.com/wh...accord-lx-sport-ex-ex-l-ex-l-v-6-and-touring/

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
One thing I'd thought about... though I'm not way familiar with them was the Accord sports from last gen. They had a K24 but had an appearance package I though... dual exhaust and big rims. I don't recall if they had a wing. Now don't remember a 'sport' trim in the last on a Civic... but it's something Honda had done in other models. I'm not sure how the old K24 Accord sport compared to the V6 Accord and if they played the same game at giving a lot of the same appearence options as the V6. At least from I could find, both the sport and V6 rode on 19s with the other trims on smaller wheels. Not sure if they were the same though.

http://shop.gardenstatehonda.com/wh...accord-lx-sport-ex-ex-l-ex-l-v-6-and-touring/
Yeah you're right, the 9.5 Gen accord sports had those same 19 inch wheels as the touring V6 did, but in that case it didn't matter as much because even though the V6 was wayy more powerful, it wasn't an enthusiast car. Majority of the people who buy accords couldn't care less if an Accord Sport was rolling around with the same wheels as them. Civic Si is more of an enthusiast car and it always has been (different market and kind of people). So in this regard things like styling matter way more especially when you have another car that looks exactly like it. On a larger scale, imagine buying a BMW M4 with it's aggressive quad exhaust setup and fender flares, and the next day you see a BMW 428i that looks exactly like your M4, except it is a base model regular BMW. Kinda the same thing here except these Civics are obviously substantially cheaper lol. All i'm saying is Honda should have been more conscious of the fact that mostly enthusiasts buy the Si Civics and they actually care about stuff like this unlike the regular buyer.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol...sign of the times where anything said will be found offensive and taken to some whole imaginary level of hate and stupidity. Surprised OP hasnā€™t been called racist too already.

I do find it kind of shitty with the new shared parts but my coupe pretty much looks like any other civic coupe to me but for the spoiler...nobody really knows wtf an Si is in the general public but for us and a small group of kids that may have parents my age that still love em...

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All i'm saying is Honda should have been more conscious of the fact that mostly enthusiasts buy the Si Civics and they actually care about stuff like this unlike the regular buyer.
Fair enough. My only past experience was a base and type S RSX and I swear they were identical on the outside minus the rims and the type S badge. My 9th gen Si didn't have a Sport trim to compete with it for looks... so it's definitely a change.

Hey, you know I'm admittedly way more in the don't care than care group so.... y'know, there's that. I always though NA Z32s looked awful because none came with spoilers. I've seen piles with factory ones added and it never made me think they were trying to play the twin turbo game. I guess using OEM parts to change the appearence of a specific trim has never bothered me because, wrong trim or not, it was made for the car and doesn't look out of place compared to the custom botch jobs we've all seen at one point or another.

I wonder if the Si crowd had gotten a Accord-ish detuned 2.0t if there'd be as much fuss about appearence. I kind of thought dumping the R18 from gen 9 and offering a very similar L15B7 as the Si had or a near 7th gen Si era NA K20 had enflamed the Si crowd or made the non-Si crowd thumb their nose at that trim more than anything.

Even now, the point of the recent posts seemed to focus more on that. We can take it that either the Si isn't good compared to the other trims... or the other trims have gotten so much better, they compare much more favorably to the Si. I'd like to pick the latter. The Si isn't bad... but drive an R18 powered 9th gen and you realize how much better an EXT is.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
It doesn't bother me to be honest. However, I now go "Ooh! Another Si! Oh....it's a sport. :rolleyes1:"
just gotta look for those awful LED L shaped fog lights then you know its not an SI !!!

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
This thread is hilarious. Bunch of people arguing who's turd is better.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm sure your extra 25 hp is a rocket ship compared to our turds. :rolleyes:
still faster. 25 hp makes a big difference in a 2900 lb car.
Sponsored