Does this bother you...

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda and other companies have been doing this for years...i agree with you and I don't even own an si am I going to mod my car with an si exhaust eh maybe..but i don't think it's possible with the spare tire hump in the way
Sponsored

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP is butt-hurt that his part bin special model is now sharing parts with lesser models. OP feels only the "special models" should have these parts and the lesser models shouldn't. Isn't this the definition of an elitist or someone looking down?
Whats your problem? Please quit trying to start shit. If you do not agree then say so in a respectable manner and quit acting like a child. Last I check we are in a free country and we can voice our own opinions there is no need to be an asshole about it.

b4gel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si sedan
Country flag
The only thing that bothers me about the Sport is that it has a far better looking rear bumper.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The only thing that bothers me about the Sport is that it has a far better looking rear bumper.
negative, unless your comparing it to the sedan.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
you think this is bad? try making a post on here saying something in the realm of hondata flashpro is better than Ktuner... dude, ppl will respond to you like you just insulted their fucking ethnicity or some shit!
Yeah, this thread is pretty tame. I agree @BoostedSiCoupe ... Also, don't start any threads calling your Civic a muscle car, or telling people not to waste their money on a Civic, or that you have buyers remorse and think the Mini Cooper S is a better car than your Si.

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, this thread is pretty tame. I agree @BoostedSiCoupe ... Also, don't start any threads calling your Civic a muscle car, or telling people not to waste their money on a Civic, or that you have buyers remorse and think the Mini Cooper S is a better car than your Si.
Good to know and I will be sure to ignore the children that apparently like to post/troll in the forums.

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
Whats your problem? Please quit trying to start shit. If you do not agree then say so in a respectable manner and quit acting like a child. Last I check we are in a free country and we can voice our own opinions there is no need to be an asshole about it.
Let me rephrase my comment. OP is butt-hurt that his Civic SI which is derives from shared common parts and shared the same chassis as the other lesser Civic trim, believes that lesser trim level shouldn't have these "special parts" because he/she paid more.

You are being an asshole for criticizing my opinion when you say "Last I check we are in a free country and we can voice our own opinions there is no need to be an asshole about it."

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
There's a part of me that wishes the Si was a bit more exclusive. But the practical side of me is grateful that nearly every part on this car is mass produced and shared with other models, aside from the rear bumper, seats, LSD and dampers. These days, I tend to care more about the driving experience than exclusivity.

My only real gripe is that there's not enough of a performance delta in the powertrains. But I think it was the hand that AHM was dealt, due to the 1.5T only recently completing its development at the time. I suspect the next Gen Si will have a greater disparity over its base counterparts; at least when talking the powertrain.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like anyone have have a Si for $15.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~emblem~fr~si~75732-tbf-a00.html

Seriously though, rims off another trim and black trim vice chrome is no big deal. Piles of folks have done their trim and rims do not make the car.

So far as the actual mechanical differences that exist between a Si and other trims, they are substantial. While they don't create an enormous difference in their stock forms, the Si will outperform a EXT/touring/sport. The margin gets wider with tuning due to the different turbo impeller, apparently greater fueling capability the Si has, along with stronger rods and lower compression... and we're just talking power and touching on nothing else. The difference is more than skin deep. Rims and plastic trim do not make the car. I guess I just don't get the point of concern. The differences you saw would not have confused someone who knows Civics into saying, "Wow! A Si."

I would have loved a turbo K20... but that's not what we got. There's enough differences between a Si and non-Sis to where it's obvious some effort went to differentiate them performance-wise, if not appearence-wise.

The only difference I remember between my base RSX and type S was a single type S badge and their rims so far as their exteriors. So far as I'm concerned, given 2 badges, trim, rims and spoiler.. they went out of their way to differentiate.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Good to know and I will be sure to ignore the children that apparently like to post/troll in the forums.
Unfortunately, I see disrespect and rudeness all over this forum - and pretty much ANY forum - it doesn't help that expressing opinions in writing means we don't get to see all of the social intricacies that people recognize in the day-to-day (expressions, body language) to add context to the discussion. All we can do is make an attempt to get along and disengage from toxic members/posts :)

Anyways -- seems like opinions are split on this, which tbh is interesting. I wish for more visual differentiation but it is cool to see that others don't really give a crap.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
OP is butt-hurt that his part bin special model is now sharing parts with lesser models. OP feels only the "special models" should have these parts and the lesser models shouldn't. Isn't this the definition of an elitist or someone looking down?
I mean, I guess it's a little elitist but I kind of get it. I think it makes sense to visually differentiate one of your sportiest offerings from the more generic versions. It likely comes from a sense of knowing you own something "special" (as arbitrary as that might be) and wanting to stand out because of it.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Coupe / Sedan Sport trims now have the piano black front grille, just like the Si and Hatchback Sport / Touring.
The wheels are not the actual Si wheels, but the dark metallic wheels that the Hatchback Sport / Touring uses.
Those wheels are heavier, coming in at 32 lbs, versus 28 lbs on the Si.

It's basically a LX Civic trim with black grille + wheels + fog lights (also the addition of aluminum pedals here in Canada).

Doesn't really bother me IMO.

Last edited:

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Omg I remember those threads. Lmao
Sponsored