Does this bother you...

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
My theory is they created the 2019 Sedan and Coupe Sport so they could make use of leftover Si parts that they made too many of.
What parts are those? While some of the parts look similar they are different (grill, wheels, etc).
Sponsored

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
It's not a big deal or something I actively think about, but it does annoy me to an extent. Here's why -- if we're spending more for the Si, I'd appreciate some differentiation in the design, especially as it is a sportier model, vs the "Civic Sport" which now has a similar look without the actually go-fast bits.

I mean, often times that's why people are willing to pay extra for new vehicles - because they have options that make them visually stand-out versus "lesser" models.

The Sport's exhaust, while similar, is also a good bit smaller than the Si's at closer glance.

Honda also did something similar with the last-gen Accord - the $35k Accord Touring V6 and $25k Accord Sport both received the same, polished 19-inch rims.

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, it doesn't bother me that you think older people do not modify their cars. Should it? ;)
They were like 60 and I highly doubt they modded that car

PAX CTR

Just another CW CTR
First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '02 EP3, '89 EF7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Somebody thought my R was a Mazda. Another time someone thought my EP3 was a Ford Focus.. it didn't bother me at all. True car enthusiasts will be able to tell the differences between models. Stay true to yourself and appreciate what you got. Peace and blessings.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My brother has one, but he is not into getting more performance from his car. He is a turn key go guy unlike me that wants to "mod" my car. I am jealous that they still get the gun metal/black wheels while the Si has the black/aluminum polished look wheel.
X2. I thought they wheels were exactly the same other than the color between the Sport and Si. I even remember seeing a thread on here where a Sport/Si guy was trying to swap... and I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread where an Si guy had the smoked rims off a Sport.

I don't know... is it any different/better/worse than if a sport owner bought aftermarket 18s vs used another version of 18s that is an OEM set from a Civic, albeit a different model? Of all the things someone could get bent out of shape on... like red Hs on a non-CTR... or incorrect badging outright (a sport badged as a CTR), this seems like the lowest level of thing to be concerned about. I definitely don't think rims define a trim whatsoever. I actually think it's classy when someone uses the rims that were an OEM offering on a different trim/model. I have my stock 16s that had 225-50-R16 rubber on them in the shed and swapped them for some 18s off a late model 350z on my 300zx twin turbo. I had a set of Acura rims w/summer rubber and a set of prelude rims that actually looked decent w/my winter-friendly all-seasons for the snow. Other than one set of aftermarket rims... while I've had non-standard rims for cars over the years, I've only had one set that weren't something of an OEM set, and they were a cheap set of I-can't-remember-the-name boat anchor 18s that were on an RSX that I went back to the *much* lighter stock rims for.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Bothers me that you look down on other people's car.
I'm not so sure this is what it's about - I think it's more that when you're spending more, you expect a differentiated product. It's at least a nice touch.

No hate to those who don't want an Si (or can't afford one) since I was in that boat not too long ago.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
honda did a shit job of differentiating the si from other civics in theis gen. the si should have come with the optional, more aggressive looking side skirts and a front lip from the factory. the spoiler is great and the badges are nice but it wasnt enough. the hatch wheels look exactly the fucking same!

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
It only bothers me when people assume, because I'm over 70, that I am not capable of owning/appreciating a modern sporty car. Yes, I have done some functional & cosmetic mods to my Civic to personalize it to my liking. I have done 3 ground-up restorations on classic cars over the years and you'd be surprised how many of us in the car show community are still actively restoring and enjoying & showing both vintage and High-performance cars in our 60's, 70's & yes, 80's. As I am now limited by knee replacement and cannot kneel anymore, I still indulge myself with my Civics. My Touring Coupe is a delight on the highway and with the same wheels/tires as the SI, handling in the twisties is great. No, it's not an SI, but now that manual transmissions are difficult for me, it's close enough.
Just don't count me out because I'm older, I've driven sporty coupes all my life, not planning on quitting anytime soon. My Touring Coupe is already entered in the "Import/Tuner" class for 2 shows this summer. :respect:

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I bought the Si because I got tired of driving cars that got a lot of attention from the local constabulary. To me, a normal looking Civic that disappears into the crowd for everyone else but is still a blast for me to drive is the perfect solution.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
So this Sunday I saw a 2019 Civic Sport while in the drive-thru. I immediately noticed the Si wheels on the car. I also notices the front chrome piece was blacked out like the Si as well.Then I saw an older couple get into the car so I know they did not modify the car. This bothers me the Si is supposed to be a special performance edition and now they are going to look exactly like every other one on the road except for the actual Si badge. Anyone else think that is pretty shitty? It should have some unique parts... yes yes I know the wing and badge.

***Edit: I'll be sure to never post anything close to a controversial topic on this forum again. Everyone seems to be getting seriously butt hurt really easily over nothing. I was simply stating a special edition car should hmmm actually look special... I know crazy thinking right.****
you think this is bad? try making a post on here saying something in the realm of hondata flashpro is better than Ktuner... dude, ppl will respond to you like you just insulted their fucking ethnicity or some shit!

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It only bothers me when people assume, because I'm over 70, that I am not capable of owning/appreciating a modern sporty car. Yes, I have done some functional & cosmetic mods to my Civic to personalize it to my liking. I have done 3 ground-up restorations on classic cars over the years and you'd be surprised how many of us in the car show community are still actively restoring and enjoying & showing both vintage and High-performance cars in our 60's, 70's & yes, 80's. As I am now limited by knee replacement and cannot kneel anymore, I still indulge myself with my Civics. My Touring Coupe is a delight on the highway and with the same wheels/tires as the SI, handling in the twisties is great. No, it's not an SI, but now that manual transmissions are difficult for me, it's close enough.
Just don't count me out because I'm older, I've driven sporty coupes all my life, not planning on quitting anytime soon. My Touring Coupe is already entered in the "Import/Tuner" class for 2 shows this summer. :respect:
Phil I stand corrected... my apologies and you are correct I should't assume that.

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you think this is bad? try making a post on here saying something in the realm of hondata flashpro is better than Ktuner... dude, ppl will respond to you like you just insulted their fucking ethnicity or some shit!
Good to know what kind of place I am dealing with here... God forbid you have an opinion...:rofl:

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
Bothers me that you look down on other people's car.
I'm not so sure this is what it's about - I think it's more that when you're spending more, you expect a differentiated product. It's at least a nice touch.

No hate to those who don't want an Si (or can't afford one) since I was in that boat not too long ago.
OP is butt-hurt that his part bin special model is now sharing parts with lesser models. OP feels only the "special models" should have these parts and the lesser models shouldn't. Isn't this the definition of an elitist or someone looking down?

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Phil I stand corrected... my apologies and you are correct I should't assume that.
No apology necessary, but I appreciate the honesty, I was totally & pleasantly surprised when I told my salesperson "I'd like a Platinum White Pearl Civic Touring Coupe" & she didn't blink or suggest a sedan, just asked if the one with a black interior that she had on order would be ok? She was astute enough to notice my 16 EX-L had the Ivory/Black interior. We got along very well,especially after I told her I preferred not to deal with an obnoxious finance guy for the Hondacare. Actually, I think the new sedans are very attractive, just stuck on coupes, I see you are similarly afflicted lol :) Again, thanks !
Sponsored