Does the JDM Civic Type R have an (almost) FK2 interior?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
It's not just the headunit. the climate control is different also. It is a single zone climate control and the controls are not tied to the head unit like others.

OP
OP
shihabp79

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Are you guys not seeing that the entire infotainment and climate control stack is different? No large center tablet, separate climate controls with real buttons?

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Read an article that referenced that so many Japanese owners like to add their own aftermarket head units that the auto manufactures design them specifically for that purpose.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
I think that Gathers infotainment unit is an option. The base model has a plastic cover.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
It is an option. A lot of people put headunits in that allows for TV channels to be played in japan.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Are you guys not seeing that the entire infotainment and climate control stack is different? No large center tablet, separate climate controls with real buttons?
It just looks like the single zone HVAC from the base hatch models. Nothing really special about it.

Personally I'd rather have real HVAC buttons than the button-less system the US gets.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
It just looks like the single zone HVAC from the base hatch models. Nothing really special about it.
They have to do this, otherwise it won't work without the infotainment system, right?

OP
OP
shihabp79

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag

Personally I'd rather have real HVAC buttons than the button-less system the US gets.
All US Civics have the same console setup with the virtual HVAC and tablet infotainment as the CTR.

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

yup. that's exactly what it is. I too personally wish we had this kind of climate control over the dual zone one in the USA

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I want it because it's just much easier to use imo. I don't like having to press the climate control button every single time to change fan settings and stuff. Not to mention, it also takes a few seconds for it to actually show up on the infotainment system.

I do just use the auto system currently because I hate having to click the climate button to change stuff but I do prefer to have actual buttons and stuff to change fan speed/etc.
Sponsored