Does the 450W 10-speaker audio system w/ subwoofer satisfy?

accordingtocivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm planning on getting a new car in a couple months, and I'd like to maintain a good audio system with clarity and noticeable but not neighborhood-shaking bass. My '98 Honda Accord LX has an 8" Sound Ordnance Powered subwoofer in the trunk, with two Polk front door speakers and two Polk rear deck speakers (aftermarket obviously). It sounds fantastic with every song, but I'm worried by the reviews I've come across practically everywhere I look online that this 450W system won't come anywhere close to what I've been enjoying for 1.5 years. For those who have the 2016 (or 2017) Honda Civic Touring trim, is it actually a "premium" sound? I understand there is a bad rattle but some easy fixes for it, but after fixing, does it hold its own and deliver some decent bass?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll start with I'm not an audiophile but I can appreciate decent clarity.

IMO its highly source-dependent. FM is okay, HD is pretty good. SXM sounds the worst and its compression really shows with this system. Bluetooth/Android Auto sound quite good. Much crisper, and cleaner bass.

Its not mind-blowing by any means, but for a stock mainstream compact car with unbranded speakers? I'm more than good :thumbsup: If it were Bose/JBL etc. I'd expect more.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. The subwoofer makes the plastic cover rattle and buzz like crazy. Don't think Honda has taken care of it for the 2017 model.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Bass is decent once you get rid of the rattle.
In terms of bass, sound quality, clarity, and volume, it's something like this:
Aftermarket>>>>>>>Premium Stock>>>Standard Stock.

My previous car also had a full system, and while I definitely notice a drop in all the things mentioned above, it also hasn't been enough to make me go out and buy a whole new setup.

You can always go to the dealer and ask to try out a car in the lot (probably not in the showroom), and bring your own high quality media.