Does the 2019 Hatchback EX come with a subwoofer?

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I think the Coupe EX does? From what I've read on dealer postings, most Coupe EX listings had a subwoofer listed in the features. I was just wondering if the Hatchback EX came with one as well. If not, how hard is it to install one?
Sponsored

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
No it doesn’t come with one and it’s not very hard or expensive to. Just would take up a decent amount of space in the hatch.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No it doesn’t come with one and it’s not very hard or expensive to. Just would take up a decent amount of space in the hatch.
Yeah I test drove one and it didn't have one haha. I don't really need all the space in the hatch so space wouldn't be a problem. Should I just go to an audio store and have them install it? I'm not a very DIY guy, and I have no clue about how to wire all that stuff anyways haha

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Trust me you dont want the sub that comes with our cars. The basic sound system is so much better to upgrade anyways.

It depends on what you're going for as to whether or not you DIY or go to an audio store. What's your budget and what kind of sound are you going for?

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah I test drove one and it didn't have one haha. I don't really need all the space in the hatch so space wouldn't be a problem. Should I just go to an audio store and have them install it? I'm not a very DIY guy, and I have no clue about how to wire all that stuff anyways haha
If you don’t know what you are doing yes I would get it installed for sure. For a decent sub and amp and all wiring shouldn’t be too much. I got a quote of $230 for it all on mine but never did it.

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Also the sub in the civics are trash. My buddy has one and honestly my sound system sounds better and it’s easier to upgrade to get even better audio.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
If you don’t know what you are doing yes I would get it installed for sure. For a decent sub and amp and all wiring shouldn’t be too much. I got a quote of $230 for it all on mine but never did it.
That's a bit too cheap installed to be a decent sub. I'm guessing it was a powered enclosure requiring 10gau included with it. I'd go with something like this if you were looking for simply more definition OP.

Also the sub in the civics are trash. My buddy has one and honestly my sound system sounds better and it’s easier to upgrade to get even better audio.
Ugh tell me about it. I've finally determined the route I'm going to take to upgrade my touring and it requires a DSP in all routes, and 2 amps minimum. If I had the non-premium sound I'd slap a 5 channel w/ a built in DSP and call it good.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Trust me you dont want the sub that comes with our cars. The basic sound system is so much better to upgrade anyways.

It depends on what you're going for as to whether or not you DIY or go to an audio store. What's your budget and what kind of sound are you going for?
I'd say maybe $200 - $300. Honestly, idk what sound I'm going for haha I mean I listen to a lot of rap so I guess a sound more focused on bass. I probably wouldn't even be able to tell the stock sub was trash, I'm not an audiophile or anything

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$230 isn't bad at all haha

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's a bit too cheap installed to be a decent sub. I'm guessing it was a powered enclosure requiring 10gau included with it. I'd go with something like this if you were looking for simply more definition OP.

You know what, I think if it has more clarity and bass than my current stock sound system on my 2004 Toyota Corolla with a blown speaker, I'd be content haha

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well that makes it easy then! When it comes to audio I'm super picky. I'm basically an audiophile, can't tell you how many times I've spent far too much on components for audio whether it be Bluetooth speakers, headphones, headsets, home audio etc. Either way, for simply adding bass to a completely lacking system, upper tier for that price range I'd recommend this: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575PS8/Rockford-Fosgate-PS-8.html?tp=114. Unlike buying separate pieces for a "set up" this gets you the sub, box, amp and wiring all in one. It accepts high level input (which means you won't need a Line Output Converter) w/ signal sensing turn on therefore the only wiring you need to run is power, then ground somewhere close to where you're placing the sub. That and some wire to grab signal for the amp. I'd recommend installing something like this yourself but since its not a separate amp and sub it shouldn't cost too much to install it depending on where you go.

Ideally don't take my word for it and go shop around. For subs I typically recommend hearing them before hand so you can make sure you get the exact sound you're okay with. Some places won't keep all-in-ones set up for demo though as they don't typically net the highest charges lol

Also from what you've told me you don't need a high end LOC (such as an LC2i that we love on this forum) so don't let them convince you otherwise ;)

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
You have to BUY the car first.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well that makes it easy then! When it comes to audio I'm super picky. I'm basically an audiophile, can't tell you how many times I've spent far too much on components for audio whether it be Bluetooth speakers, headphones, headsets, home audio etc. Either way, for simply adding bass to a completely lacking system, upper tier for that price range I'd recommend this: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575PS8/Rockford-Fosgate-PS-8.html?tp=114. Unlike buying separate pieces for a "set up" this gets you the sub, box, amp and wiring all in one. It accepts high level input (which means you won't need a Line Output Converter) w/ signal sensing turn on therefore the only wiring you need to run is power, then ground somewhere close to where you're placing the sub. That and some wire to grab signal for the amp. I'd recommend installing something like this yourself but since its not a separate amp and sub it shouldn't cost too much to install it depending on where you go.

Ideally don't take my word for it and go shop around. For subs I typically recommend hearing them before hand so you can make sure you get the exact sound you're okay with. Some places won't keep all-in-ones set up for demo though as they don't typically net the highest charges lol

Also from what you've told me you don't need a high end LOC (such as an LC2i that we love on this forum) so don't let them convince you otherwise ;)
Thanks for the info!