Does the 2017 Civic Sedan have Auto High Beams?

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a ‘19 Sedan Touring and it has the auto high beams.

....which I disabled as they are annoying and come on when I don’t want them to.

Same for the stupid LaneWatch camera which overtakes navigation and blocks the map so I don’t know where to go once I put on my turn signal to exit a highway.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I have a ‘19 Sedan Touring and it has the auto high beams.
The automatic high beam feature was added to Civic coupes and sedans (except Si) for the 2019 model year when Honda Sensing became standard.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Last night the auto high beam kicked in 3-4 times for about .5 seconds. I thought the car was broke. Never happened before and I’ve had the 19 hatchback sport for about 2 months. Possibly it has to be real dark? They flashed for a second when the reflection from the highway signs probably indicated an oncoming vehicle. Buggy system, I disabled it today.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Last night the auto high beam kicked in 3-4 times for about .5 seconds. I thought the car was broke. Never happened before and I’ve had the 19 hatchback sport for about 2 months. Possibly it has to be real dark? They flashed for a second when the reflection from the highway signs probably indicated an oncoming vehicle. Buggy system, I disabled it today.
Occasionally, the automatic high beam system will mistake reflections as lights on other vehicles. It happened far more frequently after I upgraded the high beam headlights on my 2019 Ridgeline.

Still, this system is far superior and more intelligent than previous automatic high beams that date back to 1952 when they first appears in some Oldsmobile and Cadillac models.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Occasionally, the automatic high beam system will mistake reflections as lights on other vehicles. It happened far more frequently after I upgraded the high beam headlights on my 2019 Ridgeline.

Still, this system is far superior and more intelligent than previous automatic high beams that date back to 1952 when they first appears in some Oldsmobile and Cadillac models.
Ahh, makes sense, I put in 6k low high and fogs (and side markers) much brighter than stock.

That being said, at least for my case, it’s better to disable auto-high when using aftermarket lights. Your case may vary.

Bkejme68

First Name
BRIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Hatchback Sport touring
Country flag
See, this is what I mean about confusing. You say it's only on hatchbacks in Canada (and provide supporting evidence), then the next guy posts how he turns his on/off in New Jersey.
Yes mine als0... pa resident

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The book says hold the light stick in for 40 seconds and you’ll see (A) icon flash twice. If you hold for 30 (one flash) it turns it on, 40 turns it off. At least for 19 hatch sport
Or just turn the light switch stalk off of AUTO and to the headlights on position.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you disable the auto high beams?
Turn the lights switch off of "AUTO" and turn it all the way to the headlights ON position.
Sponsored