Does Injen CAI really ruin fuel trims?

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m not so good on the tuning area so I was just wondering if anyone has proof of it ruining fuel trims or messing up AF ratios?

thanks!
Sponsored

Hakke123

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
It did for me. When I was bone stock with the Injen CAI, my fueling numbers were fine. But once I slapped on a Ktuner and used their 19.5/21 tune and it threw my LTFT and STFT numbers way off. To the point where I was pretty uncomfortable driving around with the tune so I flashed it back to stock until I could get a PRL Cobra CAI instead. Don't make the same mistake I did and cheap out on a CAI. The PRL by far is one of the best ones on the market.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Pretty sure Vit, Derek, Hondata, and Ktuner have all released statements or maps dealing with the quality control issues and potential skew of the MAF readings when using the Injen intake. I'm not about to start searching posts but it's something to try.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Yup, it has a small pipe by the MAF sensor which is werid. I remeber a member posted a post from Eman on one of your threads.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
P
It did for me. When I was bone stock with the Injen CAI, my fueling numbers were fine. But once I slapped on a Ktuner and used their 19.5/21 tune and it threw my LTFT and STFT numbers way off. To the point where I was pretty uncomfortable driving around with the tune so I flashed it back to stock until I could get a PRL Cobra CAI instead. Don't make the same mistake I did and cheap out on a CAI. The PRL by far is one of the best ones on the market.
Okay yeah I’m keeping my stock one on until I’m ready to build again. I’m going to have my old injectors tested first before I start to build. I wanna know if it was a clogged injector.

Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Well I picked up the Injen Evolution SRI and I noticed that my fuel trims are all over the place. When I push my car I see the long term fuel trims go up to 9-10% (at idle or cruising somewhere between 3-6%), where the short term fuel trims I see up to 15 (up to 20+ when I release the throttle). The AFR looks alright, but I don't know if this is something normal since I changed my factory intake). What fuel trims are you guys seeing with an exhaust, intake, and tsp 1 basemap.?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
At this point why is anyone buying an Injen intake when there is documented topic after topic and f'ed up datalog after datalog with their intakes.

Injen intakes and Civic X's...

Just say no.

Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Yeah I never really looked at the forum in regards to it. I figured since it was Injen that it would be a good product, and give some gains without throwing things out of wack like that.
Sponsored