2016 Civic Touring
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronaldleestudios.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi, there are times when I think the collision mitigation will turn on but it doesn't. And there are times when it will flash up the "brake" warning and once in a while actually, slightly slow down, but this has only happened a few times.

Does this work for you when you think it should?

There are time when I deliberately close in to the car in front of me at fast speeds just to try to activate it, but nothing.

Is the the collision mitigation system something that actually works?
Sponsored

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Works for me. I set it to the lowest distance setting and it flashes "brake" when I'm close to the vehicle in front of me and greater than 2mph. (works even for 3 or 4mph in my case). It actually braked only once though, when it sensed that might be a chance of collision. Vehicle in front of me braked suddenly to take a turn. Although I was completely able to manage the situation, it braked slightly for a split second, but enough for me to notice that it works.

SonicTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback w/ Honda Sensing, 2013 Mazda MX-5 GT
To be fair, you can't say that it "hardly works" unless you have actually collided with another vehicle in a situation in which it should have prevented the collision. For the sake of other drivers, please don't purposely speed towards their vehicle to "test" the system.

SportTouren

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
It flashes "brake" for me all of the time. It's only had to brake for me a couple of times though when i got cut off.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If by work you mean make me cuss, it works fine

OP
OP
van604

van604

2016 Civic Touring
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronaldleestudios.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
To be fair, you can't say that it "hardly works" unless you have actually collided with another vehicle in a situation in which it should have prevented the collision. For the sake of other drivers, please don't purposely speed towards their vehicle to "test" the system.

Maybe I have the wrong idea about what this is supposed to do. Can anyone describe how it is supposed to act?

Also, re: youtube video - sorry to see your car is too responsive. The opposite problem of mine.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe I have the wrong idea about what this is supposed to do. Can anyone describe how it is supposed to act?

Also, re: youtube video - sorry to see your car is too responsive. The opposite problem of mine.
It uses radar beams to determine how close and how fast your are approaching the vehicle or person ahead of you. If it senses you are too close or a collision is imminent, it does what my video did an applies the brakes until it feels the threat is no longer. Read your owners manual on Sensing. It gives you great info on what and how it works and what it will do in certain situations

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Works well for me. The two times it applied the brakes were times when I accelerated as a car was making a right turn. I've just had to adjust to not accelerate as quickly if someone is turning, which in a sense kinda taught me a slightly better driving habit to avoid the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP PREPARE TO WRECK YOUR CAR sound.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
If you really want to test it, find an empty lot, get some cardboard boxes and wrap tinfoil on the front surface, speed towards it.

I find there is a hint of latency between when the actual threat is gone and when the car relinquishes control back to you but it does work.

There's also a setting to change distance/sensitivity and maybe even how it reacts; not to be confused with the ACC following distance.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you really want to test it, find an empty lot, get some cardboard boxes and wrap tinfoil on the front surface, speed towards it.

I find there is a hint of latency between when the actual threat is gone and when the car relinquishes control back to you but it does work.

There's also a setting to change distance/sensitivity and maybe even how it reacts; not to be confused with the ACC following distance.
Hmm...I tried this a few months after purchase sans the tinfoil. Stacked three boxes like a pyramid. Gunned it to 25. In a parking lot of a local park.

People already were looking, in confusion, when I took boxes out of the trunk and plopped them on the pavement.

When I plowed through all of them, I think my sanity was questioned. :what:

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't even know there was a way to adjust it. I guess whatever the default is has been fine for me. Only once did the brakes hit (accelerating while the guy in front of me didn't move despite the green arrow to turn). Glad it works. Freaked me out though when the car applied the brakes for me, haha.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The way to get control back quicker is to actually apply the brakes, once it knows you've reacted you get control back. The first couple times I tried to drive through the CMBS and it said "nope, eff you, you're stopping" lol

Civic Fan 2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic, 2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Mine flashes if i pull into my garage too quickly. It's also flashed when the person in front is making a right turn.
Sponsored