17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I have a 17 ex sedan but my friends have 19 models. I absolutely LOVE the black chrome grille the newer models have. However, I haven't been able to find any on amazon/ ebay that are like the oem models. Most all the one's i've seen online have different style such as the honeycomb look. Anyone know where I could find a stock looking one that isn't an arm and a leg? Thanks.
Sponsored

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Hey this doesn't answer your question exactly but if you wanted to look into plastidipping your grille you'd be able to save a bunch of money and then peel it off if you ever want to go back to stock, just an idea I thought I'd throw out. I've done it before on a couple cars and it comes out really well as long as you mask everything off and do the proper layers + wait time. Super easy and cheap

OP
OP
17exsedan

17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Hey this doesn't answer your question exactly but if you wanted to look into plastidipping your grille you'd be able to save a bunch of money and then peel it off if you ever want to go back to stock, just an idea I thought I'd throw out. I've done it before on a couple cars and it comes out really well as long as you mask everything off and do the proper layers + wait time. Super easy and cheap
I had thought about plastidipping it but I wasn't sure it I would be able to give it the glossy stock black chrome look. and if so, how many cans would it need to do it?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have a stock black grill from a hatchback, only issue is one clip is broken. It is screwed on the the bumper as well. Comes with a red OEM Honda emblem already installed. Let me know if interested

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had thought about plastidipping it but I wasn't sure it I would be able to give it the glossy stock black chrome look. and if so, how many cans would it need to do it?
From my experience, you shouldn't need more than two cans of black tops could probably do it with one , and you would need one can of the glossifier if you don't want the matte finish.

OP
OP
17exsedan

17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
From my experience, you shouldn't need more than two cans of black tops could probably do it with one , and you would need one can of the glossifier if you don't want the matte finish.
Think it would turn out as glossy as the stock ones do? I'm quite tempted to do this.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
They do have glossifier and this new kind of plastidip that's all over YouTube now that's shiny but I haven't personally used it yet. It's supposed to be really nice. And cans wise I don't think it should take any more than 2

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think it would turn out as glossy as the stock ones do? I'm quite tempted to do this.
I'm not sure to be honest, I don't have any experience with the glossifier. Its not to expensive, so it might be worth a try.
I do have experience with the pearlized colors and they look pretty glossy, if you could find black pearlizer you might react to check that out also.

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Plasti-dip will definitely not give you the glossy OEM look - even with glossifier. You'd have to pick up an OEM Honda part or an aftermarket bit if you need that look.

It's not too bad - and it's cheap and easily removable. Other members have had varying levels of success with it.
Sponsored