Does anyone have experience using Royal Purple Synchromax MT Fluid?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I am going to be changing my manual trans fluid soon, and I wanted to find out if anyone has had experience using Royal Purple Synchromax Synthetic MT fluid. Let me know your experiences, good or bad
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
the rp shit? thats what me thought. DONT do it. RP is horrible, and itll make your tranny one nasty rough shifting bitch.

honestly with these 10th gens the best fluid is the oem mtf. 2nd would be amsoil mtf, but even then the oem stuff feels better. now this is just my experience others mmv.

and dont even think about redline for these trannys, its almost as bad as RP

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the rp shit? thats what me thought. DONT do it. RP is horrible, and itll make your tranny one nasty rough shifting bitch.

honestly with these 10th gens the best fluid is the oem mtf. 2nd would be amsoil mtf, but even then the oem stuff feels better. now this is just my experience others mmv.

and dont even think about redline for these trannys, its almost as bad as RP
So I am assuming this is from your experience. I have read a lot of positive reviews, but if oem is the best way to go, I have no issue with that

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
So I am assuming this is from your experience. I have read a lot of positive reviews, but if oem is the best way to go, I have no issue with that
yes since my tranny has been so tempermental in my 10th gen ive tried about 3 or 4 different mtfs. and ironically from my results the oem is the best which is strange because in prwvious gen sis the oem has been the worst. usually i advocate for amsoil as it worked the best in previous sis but not this one.

i put rp in it for a day and immediately drained it out and put oem back in it was that bad. redline was also terrible.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I am going to be changing my manual trans fluid soon, and I wanted to find out if anyone has had experience using Royal Purple Synchromax Synthetic MT fluid. Let me know your experiences, good or bad
How come changing it out this early? And what is the usual timeframe to change the manual fluid in these Honda’s? My shifts feel fine, but then could always be better...I guess:dunno:

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How come changing it out this early? And what is the usual timeframe to change the manual fluid in these Honda’s? My shifts feel fine, but then could always be better...I guess:dunno:
I believe you can wait 90k to change your mtf (I will have to double check on that), I was thinking that changing to a synthetic would improve performance, but further research I am finding that Honda mtf seems to be the best so I am going to leave the current fluid in until the change intraval comes up

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Find a amsoil dealer and use there syncromesh type fluid

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe you can wait 90k to change your mtf (I will have to double check on that), I was thinking that changing to a synthetic would improve performance, but further research I am finding that Honda mtf seems to be the best so I am going to leave the current fluid in until the change intraval comes up
Yeah the new oem formula is the shiznit if you beat on your car and plan to keep it forever why not change the fluid at 40 or 50k it's not expensive
No one knows if these trannys will be like the old si with 3rd gear grind or not yet

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah the new oem formula is the shiznit if you beat on your car and plan to keep it forever why not change the fluid at 40 or 50k it's not expensive
No one knows if these trannys will be like the old si with 3rd gear grind or not yet
I had a 1995 Toyota Corolla with a 5 speed MT that was in the family until 3 years ago. It had almost 200k on it, and I think I only changed the mt fluid once. This car was driven hard over the years with lots of trips and lots and lots of driving in brutal LA traffic. When we gave it away everything was still working well. I think if you follow the manufactures recommendation the transmission should last a long time

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 1995 Toyota Corolla with a 5 speed MT that was in the family until 3 years ago. It had almost 200k on it, and I think I only changed the mt fluid once. This car was driven hard over the years with lots of trips and lots and lots of driving in brutal LA traffic. When we gave it away everything was still working well. I think if you follow the manufactures recommendation the transmission should last a long time
Maybe these Honda's have more than 80hp though and my tsx and tl had 3rd gear synchros replaced.better safe than sorry. it's what 60 bucks to change it?...my 81 toyota diesel pickup doesn't have tranny problems either it also cant go over 70mph lol

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
MT fluid is a bit subjective.

I ran Royal Purple Synchromax in my Integra GS-R, MKIV GTI, and currently have it in my 240SX. All were DD and HPDE cars. Never had any issues. I tried Amsoil Synchromesh in the same cars and didn't like it. However, a good friend thought the Amsoil provided the most feedback.

The best (slickest) fluid in my opinion was GM/Pennzoil Synchromesh. I used it after Amzoil & Synchromax in the GS-R & GTI and it made the shifts rediculously smooth. I currently run Honda fluid in my FK8 and it feels OK. Once the warranty is up, I'm switching to GM Synchromesh. If I decide to quit HPDE's before the maintenance interval is up, I'll stick with OEM. It's cheap and works fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
MT fluid is a bit subjective.

I ran Royal Purple Synchromax in my Integra GS-R, MKIV GTI, and currently have it in my 240SX. All were DD and HPDE cars. Never had any issues. I tried Amsoil Synchromesh in the same cars and didn't like it. However, a good friend thought the Amsoil provided the most feedback.

The best (slickest) fluid in my opinion was GM/Pennzoil Synchromesh. I used it after Amzoil & Synchromax in the GS-R & GTI and it made the shifts rediculously smooth. I currently run Honda fluid in my FK8 and it feels OK. Once the warranty is up, I'm switching to GM Synchromesh. If I decide to quit HPDE's before the maintenance interval is up, I'll stick with OEM. It's cheap and works fine.
I ended up changing the OEM with Amsoil Synchromesh, so far it's worked great for me (you can see my thread on that). Several people told me not to use RP, but I am sure it would have worked as well
Sponsored