Does anyone else hear their brakes?

accordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
  • I have about 450miles on my EX. So far good, however am I the only one that hears the brakes being applied? The car is really quiet when coming to a slow stop and you can actualy hear the brakes being applied. Kind of sounds like rubbing two fine pieces of paper aganist each other.
  • Can only hear it while coming to a stop, on a quiet street with the windows up.
Sponsored

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Has it rained recently or a lot of moisture in the morning. Brake rotors are very prone to quick rusting (not a problem, just fresh metal surface). Any car I've had, after sitting overnight when its wet, the first few times i brake, they sound horrible. Does it keep up for your whole drive?

OP
OP

accordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
Has it rained recently or a lot of moisture in the morning. Brake rotors are very prone to quick rusting (not a problem, just fresh metal surface). Any car I've had, after sitting overnight when its wet, the first few times i brake, they sound horrible. Does it keep up for your whole drive?
No, it hasn't rained yet and it's not the sound that comes after the brakes have been rusty however it sounds just like that. I've also noticed these haven't been becoming rusty. Probably because the car is only a week old :).
But it happens either after a long drive or not. Doesn't sound concerning, just wanted to know if I'm the only one that hears it.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll have to take a look at mine later, but I've never heard them squealing yet.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
No, it hasn't rained yet and it's not the sound that comes after the brakes have been rusty however it sounds just like that. I've also noticed these haven't been becoming rusty. Probably because the car is only a week old :).
But it happens either after a long drive or not. Doesn't sound concerning, just wanted to know if I'm the only one that hears it.
I hear the same thing. Maybe because the brake pads and rotor are so new?

Mustnabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
5k miles on mine and I hear em.

If I also slam on the brake while the car is rolling slowly I hear a louder noise.

CANMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
If I am slowly backing up or pulling forward with my windows down I hear almost a clicking noise but loud. Almost sounds like a body panel flexing

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I swear that I hear my rear brakes when I start pulling away in the morning... and I'm not even braking! I'll have to pay more attention to when / how /where I hear it.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Brakes need to seat and break in. Come to slow stops to kinda like sand the brakes a bit. These are ceramic pads or semi metallic. They require a while to break in. Also, if it rains and sits overnight, to clean, slow break to clean rotors before a heavy stop might help...

Please let us know what happens. Also, anti-rattle clips can make noise for sure!!! Before each winter, I use synthetic lube on clips

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
3200 miles here, mine still make noise. You really only hear them when it's quiet in the car, but still. It's quite terrible sounding.

alpineshepherd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Did you ever get this checked out by your dealer? I am having braking noise as well (only 300 miles, though.) When I am coming to a stop, I hear a low-pitched rubbing/hissing sound. It seems to be getting worse but I'm not positive. Anyone else having this issue, too?

OP
OP

accordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
I haven't had mines checked by a dealer yet as I have stopped listening for it and doesn't bother me. Next oil change, I will have them take a look. I've done a visual check and nothing seems to be out of place.

Oxanamide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Is it true that brakes need to set and break in? I hear mines every time I press on the breaks, it is like a grinding of gears sounds. I only have 30 miles on mine. It's a 2016 Honda Civic EX.
Sponsored