First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe, 2019 CRV EX Sandstone, 2006 Accord EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New member here but was curious if anyone else has a man cave. I am a car nut from the time I was little and have converted my basement into a Car Cave. You can watch a video of my Car Cave here:

Just curious if anyone else on here has something similar. I should warn you that I also collect 1:18 diecast cars (mostly american muscle) and my car cave is dedicated mostly to these. I also have an interest in aquariums and you can see my built in aquarium in the video.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spooled 19 Coupe
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, nobody else has a man cave?

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
OP
OP
Spooled 19 Coupe
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Adam! I am also a big fan of LOTR

bzero13

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I couldn't find any old photos, but I used to have a man cave. Then I got re-married and had a third child, so I lost any extra rooms I had. I had glass cases filled with Ryne Sandberg memorabilia. Now all that is sitting in plastic containers in the attic :(

OP
OP
Spooled 19 Coupe
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had all of my cars in my office at work and in boxes in my basement until about 5 years ago because our house then did not have the space. It's a good thing you have all of your treasures packed away safely until you get the space to display them.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Hmmmm. Don’t have a “man cave” per se. You have a really nice set up. I have sort of a work space In the basement that got overtaken with stuff I’ve collected. been in this house 20 years so basement is pretty full.
It’s one of those old dark and creepy basements with a field stone foundation. Don’t think you want pics. Hahaha! Most stuff is in boxes or an organized mess.

Started out as a big steel desk to do 1/24 model cars with a roll top desk for RC cars. Had 1/24 model and a few 1/18 on display then started collecting RC stuff and 1/18 Diecast when I could find them cheap on Craigslist locally. I like muscle cars too. Have a bunch of 1/18 but in boxes

This one is the coolest find. Got it for $10, without the box.

https://www.exoto.com/s/1/ProductDetails.aspx?Language=en&CategoryId=158&ProductId=1260

Have a 1/32 60s Strombecker slot car set up in another corner with some car pics and posters. Have other various slot cars but not high end stuff. Just a few. Several 1/64 and 1/43 scale in boxes.
On shelves and on cabinets have a collection of RC cars. Some old, some new.
Have mostly Tamiya RC. Well engineered and kinda of nostalgic. Have a few TMaxx trucks and several other nitro trucks/cars. Several crawlers. I pick up the RC cheap and often they need repair. Some cases they were only assembled and not used. Some cases very used.

Tamiya stuff:
Hot Shot II
Lunchbox
Brat
Monster Beetle
Frog
Blackfoot
Clodbuster
Wild One
Hornet
Bigwig chassis
TT-01 chassis
Stadium Blitzer chassis
Falcon

Don’t even get me started on what’s in the garage and sheds....I’ve got too much stuff.

OP
OP
Spooled 19 Coupe
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, the Exoto Dayton is a great find @ $10, you are a lucky dude!

I had a Traxxas Stampede a few years ago that I loved but I sold it when I moved. I really like the RC stuff also but my wife is gracious enough to tolerate my diecast habit so I don't want to push it.

My son has about 20 1;24 models but now he is transitioning into collection guitars so i will just save them for him unitl he gains interest again.

Thanks for chiming in!

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Wow, the Exoto Dayton is a great find @ $10, you are a lucky dude!

I had a Traxxas Stampede a few years ago that I loved but I sold it when I moved. I really like the RC stuff also but my wife is gracious enough to tolerate my diecast habit so I don't want to push it.

My son has about 20 1;24 models but now he is transitioning into collection guitars so i will just save them for him unitl he gains interest again.

Thanks for chiming in!
Funny story with that Exoto Daytona. I answered a local Craigslist ad for 3 diecast for $30. A Mercedes Cl convertible, something else (forgot) and the Daytona. A woman was selling off her ex-husbands stuff and he had a large diecast collection. These were the last three left. All the others were sold. She knew the Daytona was special. She said when here ex-husband bought it it was over $120 new or something. It was heavy but she didn’t want much for it. I often wonder what the rest of the stuff looked like that he sold.

yeah my wife doesn’t know half the stuff I get. That’s one of the reasons some is in boxes and not displayed. She knows I have lots of toys and we have kids in college so that’s why I do my buy stuff if it’s wicked cheap. Like the Clodbuster I got for $15. Yeah crazy right? It’s from the late 80s and they sell for over $300. Just Gods little way of letting me have fun. :) The other stuff I found very used/cheap and fix them up or the newer stuff I traded off some of the stuff I got good deals on and got the cash to buy the couple new trucks I have. Otherwise it’s all used at good prices. Tinkering with these RC is half the fun for me. Just finished a pseudo replica of the John Wick Mustang.

Yeah Save the models. Funny thing is I have a ‘72 Challenger and when I bought it for some reason it looked familiar. I saved a few model cars from my childhood and 20 plus years prior to buying this Challenger I made a model car of it. Thing is it’s very hard to find a 1/24 scale version of this car. Most models are of the 1970 or 1971 versions as they were more popular. The one I built was made by a Japanese company called “Otaki” which is now Fujimi. It was from their Rock Machines series. Really nice rubber tires and was motorized!

Guitars are cool but can get $$$. If he’s good with his hands maybe he can eventually make a custom body out of wood? That would be cool!

Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone else have a mancave? F2BCB213-F09E-40E1-99B0-5CF7B8E16334

blackdiamond

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EX Hatchie
Country flag
I dont have a cave but a office upstairs and its full of diecast camaros, nothing like what you have but I think its inspiring to do something. Problem is I have too many? (keeps building... 500+ mostly 1/24). I thought I needed a display case, but too big to me huffing upstairs. Maybe glass door cabinets like yours. All of them are still in the original packaging though, would take up alot of space, so this post got me thinking.

But great job on the Car Cave.... I'm sure it will be getting bigger also

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
I’ll post pics later, but my cave is vintage audio, vinyl records, and wall racks of cassettes. Oh and concert posters.

OP
OP
Spooled 19 Coupe
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Black Diamond: 500+ 1:24 scale is a massive collection! congrats!
Hajidub: That sounds awesome, post up some pics when you can. I turned an old console TV/Stereo into a diorama.

OP
OP
Spooled 19 Coupe
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very Cool! Love the Beatles poster and the old boom box!