Does anybody know the diffrences between the 2016 civic and the 2017 (coupe)?

Dappercoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe 2016
Hello, i would like to know if there are any differences between the 16 and the 17 i know they usually just add stupid things like small details but does anyone know ?
Sponsored

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
There are no doubt part (and therefore part #) differences and software/firmware/hardware updates inside the car. However, from the outside I think the only visible difference is that the '17s have a one-piece driver's side mirror and the '16s have the 2-piece mirror where the smaller piece "bends" the view a little and got generally bad reviews. My '16 coupe was a late (Sept.) build, and I think I have had no problems so far partly because they've made updates and changes during the year.

The coupes came out late in '16 and the HB base on the '16 redesign didn't come out until model-year '17. I think of the sedan and coupe as a '16-'17 model. Folks seeing you drive by can't tell one year from the other. AFAIK, Honda is not promoting the '17 coupes and sedans as "updated" models (since they aren't).

There have been others posts on this topic here, if you do a search. Auto on/off highbeams might be another difference on some trims (or HB only? -- I'm still confused). I'm hoping that software updates will eventually make it back to the '16s as we bring cars in for servicing. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dappercoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe 2016
There are no doubt part (and therefore part #) differences and software/firmware/hardware updates inside the car. However, from the outside I think the only visible difference is that the '17s have a one-piece driver's side mirror and the '16s have the 2-piece mirror where the smaller piece "bends" the view a little and got generally bad reviews. My '16 coupe was a late (Sept.) build, and I think I have had no problems so far partly because they've made updates and changes during the year.

The coupes came out late in '16 and the HB base on the '16 redesign didn't come out until model-year '17. I think of the sedan and coupe as a '16-'17 model. Folks seeing you drive by can't tell one year from the other. AFAIK, Honda is not promoting the '17 coupes and sedans as "updated" models (since they aren't).

There have been others posts on this topic here, if you do a search. Auto on/off highbeams might be another difference on some trims (or HB only? -- I'm still confused). I'm hoping that software updates will eventually make it back to the '16s as we bring cars in for servicing. :)
Thanks man appreciate it
Sponsored