Does anybody actually like the stock wheels?

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I definitely wax the wheels for storage.

Other times, I would wax only occasionally because from what I know, waxes would not last under high heat.
Sponsored

Danger2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (red)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Both me and everyone I have ever talked to agree that the stock wheels are distracting from the rest of the car. So, I bought a set of Enkei PDC wheels and everyone agrees it really completes the Si.

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They've grown on me. At first it was something I could settle for, but I actually like em now. Kind of reminds me of back in the day Integra had the "GSR Blades"

rmalford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan WOP
Both me and everyone I have ever talked to agree that the stock wheels are distracting from the rest of the car. So, I bought a set of Enkei PDC wheels and everyone agrees it really completes the Si.
Any pics of your wheel setup?

Baime

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They don't look bad but they are very heavy, nearly 30# each.
360Glitch,
I have an EX-T with stock wheels. I know they are not popular on this forum, but I actually like how they look.

I recently removed my rear wheels to install OEM rear mud flaps, and I was shocked at how heavy these wheels are. Why are the Honda stock wheels so damn heavy? Steal vs alloy? Cost savings?

Take care, JP

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like them. I usually always go for aftermarkets but I really like how they fit the car both aesthetically and fitment wise.

salexzee

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I like them a lot. I'm going to have to replace them due to my visual goals for the car (all black w/ minimal red trim), but they look good enough that they'll probably be one of the last things I swap out.

Mike Tonge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring in Burgundy Night Pearl. 2018 Civic Si Coupe in Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love mine. I must say, I do also like the hfp offerings as well. I’m an old boy though and these days, I like to get the car I like with everything already in the package. Yes it could do wiyh lowering but I enjoy it as it is and at the push of a button, instant suspension upgrade! Wow, things sure have come a long way since my Mk1Golf GTi days, oops, and there goes my age lol.
Mike

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish the Type R came in some kinda coupe variant.
Thats funny you say that.. I was really hoping for a SI hatch. I'm a HB dude at heart. This is the first coupe I've owned from Honda. I've only owned hatchs EF/G/K. I was excited about the R just not the price.

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
D2 springs? Any rear camber kits?
SPC RCAs although there wasn't much negative camber at all, but she is my commuter I'd rather sit up. No rubbing no problems after a 180mi round trip the other day.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Thats funny you say that.. I was really hoping for a SI hatch. I'm a HB dude at heart. This is the first coupe I've owned from Honda. I've only owned hatchs EF/G/K. I was excited about the R just not the price.
Yeah. I got the Type R cause I've always wanted one but I would have jumped on a coupe version first. I doubt that'll happen since as far as I know the ctr has always come in a hatch form. If Honda ever came out with another itr that'd probably be what I'd really jump on. The only Civic hatch I've actually ever liked was the CRX Si. Of course I'd wanna have a good engine swap with other mods to make it super fast. I wish someone could somehow pop a k20c1 in one.
I really like that coupe of yours. One thing I do not like about the newer civics are the rear ends of the cars, especially the hatches.
Sponsored