Does anybody actually like the stock wheels?

NoWin

Slimer the Civic Si
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI EGP Coupe, 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6, 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I rather like the stock Si wheels, and look good as a contrast to Slimer's color but they are a pain to wax with the design of all those nooks and crannies.

On the other hand, my wife will probably get an Insight in the fall, and those ugly 17" wheels will probably get the snows mounted on them, and for next summer I'd like to find a set her a set of 2nd hand 18" Si wheels; we think that will look cool.
Honda Civic 10th gen Does anybody actually like the stock wheels? JCkQxUK
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I rather like the stock Si wheels, and look good as a contrast to Slimer's color but they are a pain to wax with the design of all those nooks and crannies.

On the other hand, my wife will probably get an Insight in the fall, and those ugly 17" wheels will probably get the snows mounted on them, and for next summer I'd like to find a set her a set of 2nd hand 18" Si wheels; we think that will look cool.
JCkQxUK.jpg
Collinite 845 insulator wax all the way. I do my paint and wheels with it. Best wax I have found out there.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
What products, if any, do you guys treat your wheels with to make cleanup easier? I can go from super clean and shiny to the thickest amount of black brake dust within 2-3 days.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Collinite 845 to start. Makes cleaning very easy. I use Turtle Wax spray wax to clean them in between Collinite coatings. As far as brake dust, are you running the factory pads? They shouldn't dust like that.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Collinite 845 to start. Makes cleaning very easy. I use Turtle Wax spray wax to clean them in between Collinite coatings. As far as brake dust, are you running the factory pads? They shouldn't dust like that.
Oem Type R pads. Whatever kind they are... Not sure what kind they are.

Jheake

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR
Country flag
They are ok, they def look better with the car lowered. You cant see the concave of the wheels as much when its stock, so a little camber def helps. I loved my stock 09 FA5 wheels tho. I owned that car for 6 years and modded the crap out of it, never felt the need to change the wheels.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I like the rims for rims with black. I don't like black gloss on rims because they are constantly dirty looking.

But for what they are, I think these look pretty good.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Love them on my Lunar Silver. It matches perfectly with the black trim. Left the stock emblems instead of the reds because I thought it would mess with the look of the trim/wheels. Car only has tinted windows and I have never gotten so many complaints on a car before. Really do think this is the best color/trim combo, imo.

Don't plan on getting new wheels unless a crazy deal pops up, I start tracking a lot or need a set of winter wheels/tires.

I've used Meguiars Tech Wax for over a decade now and love it, whole car gets treated!

NoWin

Slimer the Civic Si
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI EGP Coupe, 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6, 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the wheels I start with an application of Meguiars Tech Wax, easy to apply and buff off. I always do a detail wipe (name your product as it doesn't matter that much for in-between detailing) or another wax application of them maybe every other wash, so at least the wheels are easy to maintain if I go more than 4 weeks.

I've never tried anything else, being an old fart going back to car care in the 1970's with Simonize paste back then and Meguiars from the 80's onward, but if I come across any Collinite I'd give it a try.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Love them on my Lunar Silver. It matches perfectly with the black trim. Left the stock emblems instead of the reds because I thought it would mess with the look of the trim/wheels. Car only has tinted windows and I have never gotten so many complaints on a car before. Really do think this is the best color/trim combo, imo.

Don't plan on getting new wheels unless a crazy deal pops up, I start tracking a lot or need a set of winter wheels/tires.

I've used Meguiars Tech Wax for over a decade now and love it, whole car gets treated!
Wait. Do you receive complaints or compliments?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the wheels I start with an application of Meguiars Tech Wax, easy to apply and buff off. I always do a detail wipe (name your product as it doesn't matter that much for in-between detailing) or another wax application of them maybe every other wash, so at least the wheels are easy to maintain if I go more than 4 weeks.

I've never tried anything else, being an old fart going back to car care in the 1970's with Simonize paste back then and Meguiars from the 80's onward, but if I come across any Collinite I'd give it a try.
I found it to be worth the money. I got a year between coats on my 2013 Accord and it still beaded up like I just applied it.

https://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid-Insulator-Wax-845/dp/B000JK2D06

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Wait. Do you receive complaints or compliments?
To reference the age old customer service addage "just cuz you don't get complaints doesn't mean they are happy"
Haha! My phone auto-corrected to complaint instead of compliment! Too funny, I'm leaving it!

Appreciate the laugh at the end of a rough Monday! lol

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
The rims are not that BAD.
But there's people that like them, And there's people that don't like them.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
They look ok. I think they look better on one side than the other though (silly directional wheels!)
Sponsored