Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lincoln and Buick at least understand their target market. Grandpa doesn't drive an Acura.
A bit off topic, I know, but there just isn’t a single Acura that I would buy instead of just buying a Honda and keeping the extra cash. Is Acura luxury (not really)? Performance (save for the NSX, no)? Budget luxury (Genesis is doing that better)? Reliable luxury (they haven’t done so well at that and if that’s what you want buy a Lexus)? The RDX is their best hope. Pretty sure I’d just roll with a Touring trim CRV. The NSX is the exception, but I’ll let you know next time I have $170k laying around to buy a car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Based on honda’s History of most their civics, Honda has been keeping the power figures pretty close for 2 generations with differences in displacements starting with the 6th gen. 6th and 7th gen 160hp . 8th and 9th 197-205hp. 10th gen has a large increase on torque. I have a feeling the 11th gen might have a little more power but not enough to really say anything has changed. Honda also has a habit of having more issues on the odd number gens. The non si trims especially follow this trend. 6-7 127hp. 8-9 140hp. I fear Honda will screw up something for next gen

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
yes, this gen had a fairly big jump in torque but not as big as the 9th si was from the 8th

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
A bit off topic, I know, but there just isn’t a single Acura that I would buy instead of just buying a Honda and keeping the extra cash. Is Acura luxury (not really)? Performance (save for the NSX, no)? Budget luxury (Genesis is doing that better)? Reliable luxury (they haven’t done so well at that and if that’s what you want buy a Lexus)? The RDX is their best hope. Pretty sure I’d just roll with a Touring trim CRV. The NSX is the exception, but I’ll let you know next time I have $170k laying around to buy a car.
There was a brief moment in time, in Honda's history, where --

The S2000, ITR, NSX, EM1, EK9 and Del Sol Si were all in this company's catalog, all at the same time.

And I'm sure there was a kick-ass moweR in there too.

Last edited:

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is my 3rd Si and I have always wished they added more power like every other Si fanboy over the years. They never have and I don’t believe they ever will. It’s not what the car is or has ever been.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is my 3rd Si and I have always wished they added more power like every other Si fanboy over the years. They never have and I don’t believe they ever will. It’s not what the car is or has ever been.
Drop the R engine and suspension in a coupe and put an Acura badge on it.

Honda will need the National Guard to keep order at those dealerships.

Shit, just imagine if they put a K24 into the CR-Z...

Who the f*ck is running this company? Everyone's gone crazy. Mazerati's are built from Dodge parts now but every highfalutin orthodontist and their poodle groomer sucks them up like cocaine. PT Barnum is running the car industry.

Last edited:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drop the R engine and suspension in a coupe and put an Acura badge on it.

Honda will need the National Guard to keep order at those dealerships.

Shit, just imagine if they put a K24 into the CR-Z...

Who the f*ck is running this company? Everyone's gone crazy. Mazerati's are built from Dodge parts now but every highfalutin orthodontist and their poodle groomer sucks them up like cocaine. PT Barnum is running the car industry.
Get this man a job in the Honda marketing department.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In the rest of the world, the NSX is a proper Honda. For some strange reason, only in the colonies were stuck with the Avengers badge on a Honda car. Would never buy a Acura just because of that idiotic “A” badging
If the EP3 had the shocker on the grill nobody would be nostalgic for the EK9.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
When I get my Si, I'll probably purchase a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s's and run those in the summer month and keep the stock all seasons for winter. The 4s's are awesome, friend of mine has them on his Audi S3.
Jesus Christ these Pilot Sport 4s tires are the cats ass! I have them installed on the stock rims and can’t believe it’s the same car, coming from the mediocre GY A/S. Dry grip is jaw dropping and driving in the rain has unbelievable grip and control as well. In big rain, while zipping along at 60, I turn on the lane watch camera and just sit there watching the gallons of water and rooster tail show these tires pump out, all while in complete control. I sold my A/S tires within the same hour the Pilots were installed. Really is the single best upgrade

BlownLSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Lincoln and Buick at least understand their target market. Grandpa doesn't drive an Acura.
Nissan just came out with a AWD Altima, if Honda follows suit and makes the accord AWD, Acura sedan sales will plummet in the northern states. The new RDX is beautiful but at 38k starting then add getting a nice loaded A-Spec, I’m taking my money elsewhere ie Bmw, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo etc.

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
Since Acura is working to resurrect their Type S line, let's wait and see what those Acuras turn out to be. Of course, I could be overly optimistic.

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
i have been having this nagging suspicion that after 2 generations of just marginal bumps in power, and all the complaining about it over the years, Honda will up their game with the 11th gen si. I predict something around the lines of 230/240 hp.

which will lead to many trading in their 10th gen Si's. any of you guys feel the same way?
I think Honda will maintain the incremental power increase pattern. With GM's and Ford's exit from the car market and focusing primarily on SUVs and trucks, Honda will seek to increase their market share in the small car market. They will need to keep the Si roughly in the $25K range to capture more former Fiesta ST and Focus ST drivers. If you want more power/performance, the Type R will be there.
Sponsored