Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I actually do think Honda will bump up the Si power slightly. But they would also bump the Type R as well if they were to do that.
But bumping up power also raises the price tag and the weight of the motor probably.
I'd actually prefer it if the car was instead lightened by using more aluminum on front body and on the roof. Better power/weight ratio, better weight bias and lower center of gravity. I would take this over more power anyday
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I actually do think Honda will bump up the Si power slightly. But they would also bump the Type R as well if they were to do that.
But bumping up power also raises the price tag and the weight of the motor probably.
I'd actually prefer it if the car was instead lightened by using more aluminum on front body and on the roof. Better power/weight ratio, better weight bias and lower center of gravity. I would take this over more power anyday
More aluminum more money too.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I don’t see it happening, Honda isn’t in the sports car business, they build cars for the masses . Car companies these days are putting in turbos not for the racer crowd, but more for giving a small engine that’s very economical some passing speed. For $5K just buy a used Hayabusa or ZX14 if you want to smoke everything out there lol.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The Si has as much power as you’d need for the street.
umm, thats subjective. my old ass 80 yr old grandma thinks her 2010 fit has enough power to drive around in.

CrashTestJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
i have been having this nagging suspicion that after 2 generations of just marginal bumps in power, and all the complaining about it over the years, Honda will up their game with the 11th gen si. I predict something around the lines of 230/240 hp.

which will lead to many trading in their 10th gen Si's. any of you guys feel the same way?

If Honda really "listened" I'd like to think that they would come out with Type R coupe.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well i said in another thread Honda i think did not make the Si a hatch because it would have slashed the type R sales. The civic hatch sport no lie is a gorgeous car. Think about it. Civic LX hatch Civic Sport hatch, then Si hatch. I still love to look back at the EG Si hatch. That was a very nice car. I remember when they came out lol. @aldo i think your incorrect about Honda not building sport cars. Why did they make an Accord Type R? And just what is the Si? It stands for sport injection. And the Type R not a sport car? The S2000? Hell yea they are into making sport cars.
I think they should come out with a hatch Si and add some ponies to IMO. Make the hatch a rare model. I am leasing and if they make a Civic Si hatch man I would hop on it. The EP3 was not a very well liked car, but i liked it. Honda needs to make a perfect hatch Si like they did with the EF and EG hatch.
I think the Si hatch needs to be reborn. They maybe saving it for the 11 gen.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
umm, thats subjective. my old ass 80 yr old grandma thinks her 2010 fit has enough power to drive around in.
It does. For her. It's all subjective. If you want more power, it's going to come at a cost and if you're willing to pay the cost, I'm sure there are other vehicles already out there for anyone willing to buy. I mean, there's already the CTR for anyone willing to pay for more power and there are plenty of non Hondas out there. I paid about 22k for my Si and for that money, there isn't anything else out there I'd rather be driving.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
i have been having this nagging suspicion that after 2 generations of just marginal bumps in power, and all the complaining about it over the years, Honda will up their game with the 11th gen si. I predict something around the lines of 230/240 hp.

which will lead to many trading in their 10th gen Si's. any of you guys feel the same way?
I have never researched a car as much as I did this one before I bought it. So from what I have read, the answer to your question will they increase the HP in the next gen... Yes and no. Honda specifically designed and engineered this car to be sporty, fun, economical, and most importantly priced to be affordable. They specifically picked this engine and it's components to meet that need. They may raise it another 5 or 10 hp in the future, but I don't think much more than that. Going to a detuned Accord 2.0 (which is a detuned CTR 2.0) would raise the price tag a few thousand or more. IMHO if you need more performance people should look at other options such as the Hundai Veloster (2019) that is competing with the Type R, but is priced much lower and is easier on the eyes

HSFBunny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It won’t happen.

There is a reason why you don’t see a Mazda Miata come with a LS3 V8 for $35K, even though it producible and it would be very profitable. Those cars would be wrecked in mass. Increased power comes with higher insurance costs, increased liability for the manufacture, and additional government regulation. The government doesn’t want people to have easy access to 500 hp, just as they don’t want to you have easy access to a machine gun.

Power is artificially priced up to keep the riff rad from causing tons of wrecks.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I hope not. At least, if they modify and squeeze 230-240 HP out of the current 1.5T we won't have any more easy modding for power.

Maybe if they give us a detuned 2.0T or a new engine in between at 1.7 or 1.8T.
A 1.7 turbo would be great. Along with a aluminum Type R hood to balance out the weight increase. This car is now all about small incremental refinements, as it's already a solid platform. Oh and while they're refining it, please make the front fake vents functional and ditch the back ones altogether. Thanks in advance Honda

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
260-270 HP stock like my 2012 Mazdaspeed3 had would be pretty darn nice for the Si. Bumping the Type R to near 400HP to nearly compete with the Audi RS3 would be a great move.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
230-240hp would be nice "stock" - but that would probably increase the torque and they'd have to put in a more durable clutch since ours seems like it can barely handle the stock torque numbers lol.

The SI has never made more than 200hp or what do we have..205hp? I just dont see them doing it.

Oh and tires.. The stock all seasons are not bad in the dry but if the road is damp or wet I cant even pull away from a light at 1/2 throttle without spinning through 1st and 2nd. I would have replaced these tires already if I wasnt on a lease. There is no reason to put money in to a car that I am sure I will trade in at the end of the lease. I would want to see better stock tires if they added power.
Sponsored