Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise?

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
i have been having this nagging suspicion that after 2 generations of just marginal bumps in power, and all the complaining about it over the years, Honda will up their game with the 11th gen si. I predict something around the lines of 230/240 hp.

which will lead to many trading in their 10th gen Si's. any of you guys feel the same way?
If they added a good amount of hp and changed the paper clutch I feel we have I would for sure trade in my 10th gen. But for that to happen they would also have to boost up the type r quite a bit.
Sponsored

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got my 2020 Si in June, had it for just over 7 months now.

I'm honestly really happy with the car's performance.

I think it fills a spot most companies ignore. Its faster then a Sport, but cheaper then a type R. For me, its that sweet spot where the car is not expensive but still a lot of fun and totally useable.

Plus there's tons of support so If I want to go faster later I can.

I wouldn't be against what Dodge did with the SRT Neon by offering dealer upgrade packages for those who wanted more power

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It would've been nice if for the 10th gen Si, the HFP package added more than just visuals and a different suspension.

Not even sure what the logic was behind developing 2 different adaptive suspension setups if they were both going to be Si-specific...What a waste of R&D and manufacturing.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
It would've been nice if for the 10th gen Si, the HFP package added more than just visuals and a different suspension.

Not even sure what the logic was behind developing 2 different adaptive suspension setups if they were both going to be Si-specific...What a waste of R&D and manufacturing.
TMK, they are only SI specific in the US.

Also, that is what the HFP kit has always been.

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think it's reasonable to expect a bump in power on the next gen Si because the GTI and Focus ST have risen in power over the years. The Si has been in the 200-205 range since 2012. Let's hope it doesn't get heavier by enough of a factor to undo any power gains.
Sponsored