do you trust the maintenance minder?

2Smoker119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2008 Accord v6
Country flag
I just had my first oil change at 9652 miles. My MM light came on with 15% oil life remaining. I am going to follow the manual which says the follow the maintenance minder. I trust Honda engineers. The Honda dealership did put a oil change sticker on my windshield that said service due at 14K miles. I called them back and they said that I can follow the maintenance minder but they recommend changing oil every 5000 miles.... I am sure they do, helps their service revenues. I will always follow the owners manual.
Sponsored

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I just had my first oil change at 9652 miles. My MM light came on with 15% oil life remaining. I am going to follow the manual which says the follow the maintenance minder. I trust Honda engineers. The Honda dealership did put a oil change sticker on my windshield that said service due at 14K miles. I called them back and they said that I can follow the maintenance minder but they recommend changing oil every 5000 miles.... I am sure they do, helps their service revenues. I will always follow the owners manual.
Sorry to revive a semi-dead thread...but they only 'recommend' changing oil every 5k mi when it's not covered by their service warranty - THEN you have to wait until it's at 15%. They also won't do any other 'covered' service that may be indicated until the oil is at 15% - at least, my local stealership just told me that yesterday. The other shady thing is the brake fluid change... I've never actively changed the brake fluid in any car, and my mechanic just confirmed that's a BS upsell - he said ESPECIALLY in the imports, that's an unnecessary charge. He said that by the time you need calipers, the system would need to be bled and fluid replaced anyway, so...let nature take its course.

I hate stealerships.