Do you Pylon? Unofficial D Street Test: R vs RS

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
SCCA Solo Unofficial D Street Test: R vs RS

So I went to the Evolution Performance School this past weekend (Sunday, 17 FEB) here in Brooksville, FL where I had multi-national Champion and Triad winner Mike King as an instructor. The man is good with FWD. We always teased him that he was going to get the Fiesta ST kicked out of HS. At the end of the day he asked if he could take my 2017 R and my friends 2016 RS out on runs to see if they were evenly matched. For 2019 the SCCA SEB moved the 2016/17 RS from BS to DS.

So yeah, I said yes. And so did my friend.

The test pattern was to run my R once, his RS twice then followed by my R. Since it was Evo Phase II school the official timing gear was not set up so we had 3 timers recording start/finish on our phones.

Setup: Both cars were prepared for the class with wheels, tires, one bar (mine was the Karcepts rear bar) not sure about his RS and both of us have our stock shocks. I have also modified my stock exhaust in order to hear it and for weight reduction.

Times: 21.1x on both cars. The R had the RS by a maybe a hundredth or so but not by much.

Excited to run this season. It's definitely all about the nut behind the wheel because he usually gets me by 1+ seconds.

Have fun out there and stay off the cones!

Do you Pylon? is a series of media by slacker gurl racing
Sponsored

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Awesome, thanks! Mike King's a great data point for sure!

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
The RS will be the car to have in pro solo(over the type R) but this is some good data. cars look evenly matched! Will be interesting this year to see what car comes out on top, all the new cars in the class things are wide open!

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
21.x is mighty short - would like to see similar test on longer/normal course. That is cool though.

jetydosa - who also has been spanked by Mike King several times :D
Sponsored